+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    My kids are 17 months apart and shared from birth. Cots were 30cm apart with a nightlight between them.
    And? Mine are 15 months apart and both sleep through and I wouldn't put them in the same room yet.
    Horses for courses and all that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

chookylaa  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine are 14months apart and they wake each other up from separate rooms! i cant imagine putting them together, i already get next to no sleep as it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a single parent but have you looked in the weekend papers? When we were looking for a flat we found ours in the paper, we didnt have a rental history at all (always shared in other countries or lived with parents) and my dh couldn't work due to visa restrictions and our land lord still took us in. The rent was also ALOT cheaper than other similar flats in the area (inner east Melbourne) because we dealt directly with the land lord. Don't know if this is helpful, just a thought :-)
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 5 and still sleeps in my bedroom. Could you have your smaller one in your room till they're a bit older and can share?

I've always had my youngest with me till around 3-4ish but this time it's lasting longer due to space issues. I put the older children in together even though it's not always the easiest situation. Kids do adjust! It's far easier to have an extra $100 per week!

I lived in Langwarrin for a year and it's quite a good place to live. Langwarrin Cherubs pre school was great, Langwarrin Primary school is good and Elizabeth Murdoch college was great - just capping on a pp's comment re Langwarrin/Skye. Do you need to be close to the city centre for work or anything? Frankston shopping centre is only 10 minutes down the road also if you need a larger shopping complex.

OffwiththePixies is offline I'm Jaz, and I'm off with the pixies all the time!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel we are in the same area - but I'm not a single mum, I'm a sahm and my fiance is a qualified tradesman! we had to move in with my fiance's parents for over 6 months because our lease ended and the house was too small, but nowhere would accept us despite us being great tenants. We finally found a house, I believe we only got it because the Rentals manager was an aquaintance of mine and I sent her a message asking if she could put in a good word. We never got any feedback either apart from 'the landlord decides, not us' - we think its because we have a 3 year old and a baby on the way. Where we live now is not far from Pakenham, and we are paying $335 for a 3 bed home, I wish you lots of luck, I was sick with stress from being in your situation hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Hun, sorry you are having a hard time, I'm not a single mum but I thought I'd share my experience with trying for rentals in the same area you are looking for. DH and I went to so many open for inspections and the queue's were a mile long, 30-40 sets of different people going for the same rental property, we were lucky to jump on a place that was listed that day and got to go for an inspection that day also, the landlord was living in the house at the time so we got to meet them, they chose us the next day so it was on the market for 24hours.
    So it may not be you at all its probably because of the number of people applying.
    If you need any help in looking Hun please let me know, I love looking for real estate etc

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    And? Mine are 15 months apart and both sleep through and I wouldn't put them in the same room yet.
    Horses for courses and all that.
    And? Well if you must have a separate room for each family member you have got to expect to pay a lot of money to rent. Each bedroom adds $$ the choice is yours. Whole family groups share sleeping quarters in other countries and survive.

Guest Guest
    Is there a reason you've chosen Pakenham? Would you consider trying different suburbs over to the west that are much closer to the cbd and just as cheap? It sounds like its the agent tbh, as a landlord if someone has a good rental history and the ability to pay that's my only concern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to tell you that I know how you feel, it is SO hard renting, I cant imagine it as a single mum
    I always used to write a really nice cover letter with a big suck job- I will love your clients house as my own yada yada yada. This was suggested by a friend in real estate and it worked. I would never offer more money because that is just greedy!
    Also, DP and I just bought in Pakenham a few months ago, I love it. Lots of lovely local mums and great cafe's etc. Very close to fountain gate too. I lived in the west pre children but I like it over this side better (just my personal opinion though!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    And? Whole family groups share sleeping quarters in other countries and survive.
    They sure do but the OP is a single parent (not a whole family group) and has already explained her kids can't share.
    I don't see why you felt the need to then explain the sleeping arrangements of your children as if everyone could/should do it.