+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with lambjam. If it works & he's happy then who cares if it's the "right way" to do things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishingmum View Post
    We used to swaddle him, we stopped for a little while and now he doesn't really seem to like it, he just thrashes around and gets all worked up. It's odd because this bouncer he likes sleeping in is broken, it doesn't vibrate or anything, it's almost completely flat and doesn't even bounce because the frame is so stiff. Thee isn't really anything that makes it better than the bassinet...
    Wishing mum, it's completely normal for them to seem like they are disliking it and they will thrash around etc. I really would encourage you to swaddle when you try again in a cot. He is still young enough to be experiencing the moro reflex and waking himself up. If bubs wriggles out of normal swaddles, try an ergo cocoon etc - I paid $30 for mine and it transitions into a sleeping bag later after they've lost that reflex xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    But in saying that, as I said before, he is still little! You do what you think works best for your little one and listen to advice etc and just take on board what you find constructive.. As for people some people criticizing you, well, that's just not on and I would be telling them "thank you, I'll give that a go when the time is right".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My son slept in the bouncer heaps. We travel a lot and took the bouncer instead of Porta cot. He loved it. Worked for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone, i think we have found the problem. Emyb, after you mentioned reflux i had a read and i feel terrible, he has reflux and i didn't realise. I hadn't realised that him spitting up all the time rather that just after feeds was an indicator, he also gets the hiccups lots, has the vomit breath, so many of the signs i read about he has, i just hadn't realised it wasn't normal and healthy. Were looking at getting him a wedge pillow so he is a bit elevated in his bassinet like he is in the bouncer. Thankyou!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just about to suggest reflux!! Well done, there is heaps of info out there. Some good drugs and I found Chiro works well. Best wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishingmum View Post
    thanks everyone, i think we have found the problem. Emyb, after you mentioned reflux i had a read and i feel terrible, he has reflux and i didn't realise. I hadn't realised that him spitting up all the time rather that just after feeds was an indicator, he also gets the hiccups lots, has the vomit breath, so many of the signs i read about he has, i just hadn't realised it wasn't normal and healthy. Were looking at getting him a wedge pillow so he is a bit elevated in his bassinet like he is in the bouncer. Thankyou!!
    Whoops! I remember that's what we did now, I rolled up a towel and put it under the bassinet mattress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had success! Thanks so much for the help everyone we got him on infant gaviscon, no more reflux! We hadn't been able to get him the pillow yet but we tried him in the cot on Friday night, he went down about 11, awake when I left him and didn't make a sound all night, we woke him up at 7.30 the next morning for food. Sat night he slept 11-6.30 and he went down happily at 10.30 last night n I'm about to go get him for a feed! What a good boy I'm so proud! In 3 nights we've had to go in and settle him twice and that was about 20 mins after putting him down both times.
    It feels amazing to be sleeping in my bed again I feed like a more patient, sane mum too I do still feel horrible that he must have felt so unwell for so long, there's just so many little things you don't realize are actually symptoms I guess it's the learning curve of any new parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's great. Thanks for the update.