+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question My 7 week old bub only wants to sleep in the bouncer! Suggestions please!

Hi,
    since he was about 3 weeks old I feel like more often than not I end up sleeping on the lounge with my son in the bouncer next to me. Before that he slept in his cot but not well. Now he will sleep for 6-8 hours straight if I let him sleep in the bouncer but if I try him in the cot he screams like crazy, he likes the bassinet a little better but still takes up to 3hrs to settle and then wakes every 2-3 hours and is grumpy the next day I feel like a bad mum letting him sleep in the bouncer and I really want to start getting him into good habits, it just seems like even if I wait until he's completely asleep he will wake up the moment I put him down I'm really not sure what to do.
    can anyone help????

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This might not be the advice you're after but... for now, I would just let him sleep in the bouncer! He'll eventually outgrow it, and you can deal with that when the time comes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds was like that, I let him, if it meant we both got a good nights sleep, hes now 6 and is a perfect sleeper in his own bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you swaddle when you put him in bassinet/cot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He's only eeny-weeny 7 weeks, I'd just let him sleep in the bouncer (perhaps bring it into your room so you're more comfortable!). I'd try the cot again every week or so. Perhaps also try raising the cot mattress a little by putting some books under the head end of it - maybe the incline of the bouncer is helping him with some reflux or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got in the habit of letting DS sleep in a swing... Your bubba is still teeny so i would let him.. But as someone rlse said, try again in about a week. Three months on, I had to get him out of the habit and it took 5 days of trying to get him to sleep in his cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine slept in her pram for the first few weeks of life.

He's only tiny, at least he is sleeping somewhere for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to swaddle him, we stopped for a little while and now he doesn't really seem to like it, he just thrashes around and gets all worked up. It's odd because this bouncer he likes sleeping in is broken, it doesn't vibrate or anything, it's almost completely flat and doesn't even bounce because the frame is so stiff. Thee isn't really anything that makes it better than the bassinet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I feel a little less like I'm alone in these problems, I have no friends with kids maybe I just need to relax and go with whatever works rather than the 'right' way. My mother even calls me nearly every day and asks where he slept the night before and tells me how I'm setting myself up for problems in the future. Nice to have some support.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishingmum View Post
    My mother even calls me nearly every day and asks where he slept the night before and tells me how I'm setting myself up for problems in the future.
    Argh! That is just what you don't need!

Yes to relaxing, yes to going with what works, and yes to trusting yourself .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (28-05-2012)