+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Chicken pesto pasta. I buy a roast chook for it.

Boil pasta.
    Stir through a jar of pesto (or make your own) and some cherry tomatoes. Voila.

You can also use leftover chicken for sandwiches or similar.

Dunno if it's the cheapest, but it's definitely easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing

Our easy faves are:

Sausage casserole,
    Sausages
    Frozen veg
    Tin crushed tomatoes
    Crushed garlic
    Soy sauce
    Stock
    Season to taste

Curry,
    Diced lamb
    Coconut cream
    Frozen veg
    Curry paste
    Garlic
    Stock
    Season to taste
    Rice to serve

San choi bow,
    Chicken mince
    Curry powder
    Grated zucchini and carrot
    Sliced cabbage
    Soy sauce
    Season
    Serve in lettuce cups

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thought of some more

Mushroom chicken: 2 cans condensed mushroom soup, some cream, chicken, spinach or whatever veg you want (frozen mix is good), cook on stove and serve with rice. Mmm.

Anything with mince it it - spag sauce and add lentils or beans to add a bit of bulk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stayed with my brother & SIL last week, who are both high qualified chefs. I asked if I could cook dinner 1 night and they asked me to please please make curried sausages the way mum does coz they can't get it right and both love it. They were so shocked when I told them the extremely easy recipe!Cook as many sausages as you want in a frypan, 2 per person as rough guide. Slice them and return to frypan.Combine a pack of continental Dutch curry & rice soup mix with 500mls water stir well and pour into frypan. Simmer till thickened. Serve over rice or 2 min noodles.Sooo easy and very cheap! Another I love is beef mince combined with tinned tomatoes, tomato soup, onions, mushrooms, sour cream and optionally diced bacon. So yummy served over rice and makes a massive amount for cheap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My best quick, cheap and sooo easy recipe is the pasta my mum used to always make if she was in a rush, it's now my DD's favourite. Doesn't have a name so we call it...

Pamma's Pasta
    Finely chop bacon, onion, tomato.
    Cook as much pasta as required.
    Add together with enough grated cheese to bring it together, usually a cup will do.

We never have left overs and the longest part is waiting for the pasta to cook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Tomato and Sausage Risotto

Diced onion, oil and garlic in a saucepan. Add arborio rice. Add tin of diced tomatoes and 1/3 cup chicken stock. You know the risotto drill. Keep adding stock slowly until it's hte right consistancy. I have no idea how much stock I use... I just keep adding til I'm happy.

Meanwhile cook sausages. Slice.

Add sausages. Add about 1 cup of frozen peas. Serve with grated parmesan.

Pretty easy and pretty much a freezer-and-pantry meal.

Another is just a really basic stir-fry. Prep/cook rice or noodles.

Fry off meat of choice in oiled pan/wok. Add mixed veges (just buy a bag of frozen if you're feeling extra lazy... lol), add oyster sauce. Mix in Rice/Noodles or serve meat/veg on top of rice/noodles. Easy peasy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't have any recipes, but when I am broke (which seems to be a lot lately ) I like to cook extra/more. Eg I will cook pasta and that will last 2 nights, sausages and mash for another 2 nights and other times toasted sandwiches or the kids love two minute noodles with mixed vegies and grated cheese. Sorry I am not much help, I really hate cooking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our stock standard cheap meal is tuna casserole. I use 1 tin of tuna and whatever pasta I have (usually shells or penne) and add whatever is on hand.
    When the cupboards are empty it usually only has peas and corn, tasty cheese, tuna and a packet of soup mix. When they're a bit better stocked I'll add cream, bacon, Parmesan cheese or whatever is looking like it needs using up.

I just cook the noodles then drain, add everything together (except cheese) and mix well in the same pot. Tip the combined mix into a casserole dish/baking tray and sprinkle with grated cheese and put into the oven til nice and brown and melted cheesy :-)

We also do curried sausages, pumpkin soup, quiche, omelets/fritattas and lots of pasta variations (kids love it with grated cheese and no sauce)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shan- what's a surfie burger!

The best 2 we do:
    Lentil and pasta soup - more like a thick stew

Homemade pizza - make a big batch of dough balls and freeze