+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Exercise in first trimester

Hey , I'm a trainer . If you were already participating in regular exercise then you can still continue as normal . The biggest risk is overheating, so just stay away from training on super warm days or if you find the gym you use Is hot and stuffy (I've been in some horrible places!)
    Make sure you hydrate before during and after. And if you're worried wear a heart rate monitor .. 140-150bpm is the standard maximum but if you're fairly fit you just need to listen to your own body, I have been doing intervals to make sure my HR doesn't stay high for too long or , I do long moderate cardio where my hr is fitting at approx 160. Everyone is different .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for this forum ladies; i know its a year later but have been looking for some decent advice on diet & exercise whilst TTC and being pregnant.

After losing 10kgs i finally started ovulating regularly and have now received my first BFP of the year..!

I am freaking out about putting too much weight on and need to keep it up - without jepardising the pregnancy (esp this early - ill only be a few weeks along and really dont want to experience another MC)

Any further advice you all have would be great

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always ride my bike to and from work (5.5ks each way) - so much better than the bus, and walk the dog for 40mins in the morning. Used to job home with the dog, but in first trimester that makes me feel like vomiting, so walking it is. I envy anyone who is still able to run - but any exertion is out for me.

This week I've downloaded lots of DVD's. I've done the elements prenatal Yoga one and the 10minute solutions pilates which are pretty good. I've downloaded the tracy anderson method one - I've found them pretty boring in the past but will give it a go. I occasionally do a pump DVD at home with 2.5 kilo weights and just skip the abs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard that being fit also can help with making labour more tolerable. So that's good motivation for you all too!