+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Exercise in first trimester

Im only in my first trimester but am wondering whether it is safe to do light exercise and the type of exercise im able to if so! This will be my second pregnancy and with my first I really put on the weight and fast and it took me over two years to get it all off again!! Wanting to keep myself fit this pregnancy with doing any harm to my little one! Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You sure can! What type of exercise do you usually do? Just listen to your body and be careful not to let your heart rate get too high (I think over 140bpm is considered the ideal cutoff)....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Laura1990  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually go to the gym, so im usually using all the equipment but havent since finding out!! Hoping maybe to be able to find a local gym that might do classes for pregnant women, that way I know im not doing anything that is too much!! Thank you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I exercised as normal. Morning run/walks and kept playing netball once a week til I started to show

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Laura1990  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I exercise as normal running, gym workouts, les mills classes etc

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i did everything as normal, then cut back around 28 weeks. this time im less fit, so sticking with yoga and swimming

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am doing my weights machine as normal, however I am doing lighter weights and not lifting any heavier than 10-15 Kilos. I am not much of a cardio girl (sadly). I was told by my GP light exercise is actually very good for most pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am at the gym in my first trimester. I believe you just have to listen to your body and cut back when required. I do cycle,pump,run mainly (not all on the same day though). The only problem I am having is exhaustion and queasiness it is horrible . Just keep doing what your doing however I think food intake can be the real fattener both during pregnancy and when breast feeding. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontherun View Post
    I too am at the gym in my first trimester. I believe you just have to listen to your body and cut back when required. I do cycle,pump,run mainly (not all on the same day though). The only problem I am having is exhaustion and queasiness it is horrible . Just keep doing what your doing however I think food intake can be the real fattener both during pregnancy and when breast feeding. Good luck x
    I think the same and my pt told me to drink heaps more water then normal .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was told to carry on with normal exercise regime.......within reason but dont suddenly up your exercise. You just have to be careful of overheating in 1st trimester so watch that and drink plenty of water. Second trimester is when you need to modify things like ab exercises and some other things. My aerobics instructors are great and give me alternative exercises throughout my pregnancy depending on what they are doing in class on that day!! Talk to your obstetrician if you've got any concerns. Be prepared for all the idiots that frown at you and tell you you shouldn't be exercising while pregnant. It drives me nuts at the gym. So I should follow their advice and not my obstetricians?? Hehe