+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how to get a sperm donor?

Hi
    Firstly I am just asking for advice at this stage and do not want any 'opinions' on what is right or wrong!
    I am not sure I am posting this in the correct forum so my apologies if I have.
    I am 39, single with a 9 year old girl who I conceived naturally. My dilemma is that I desperately want another child and am now very worried and upset that it might not happen because of my age etc. I had a termination last year (long story so please withhold judgement) which was extremely heartbreaking and I deeply regret, but this has only made me realise how much I yearn for another child. However I will not 'use' a guy just to get pregnant, that is not who I am. Does anyone know what options I have eg artificial insemination using sperm donor etc. Would I qualify for this and does anyone know the costs as I have been told conflicting stories from under $500 to over $10,000?? Has anyone done this?? I am aware that lesban couples use this procedure. Also sonce I already have a child does that mean I may not be eligible??
    Every day I walk around with this empty hole in my heart that only seems to get worse. I just want to be a mum again and give my daughter a sibling.
    Can anyone offer me any advice in this??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Stormgirl. Please send me an email and we can talk about it. Jedi_am@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am an Adelaide sperm donor who is happy to help It doesn't cost anything. Email me on jollyyellowgiant@yahoo.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, sounds like you have had a bit of a tough time?! I wouldnt worry about what people think, we all do things for different reasons so with that in mind you should consider all options that are available to you. It may be worth you checking out connection sites such as Pride Angel, I used them to look for a donor, some of the donors use clinics others offer AI which is another option to consider providing you get the correct STI tests done! Hope this is helpful, let us know how you get on, good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, how are you getting on? Have you had any luck finding someone to help? let us know how you are getting on?! Best wishes for christmas xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi,
    I used a donor thru the if clinic. First cycle was one from xytex in the USA and my clinic has 6weekly deliveries that shares the shipping cost. This cost about A$550, the second cycle I used one of the three local donors on the clinics books. This cost $220. I am now have my BFP. This means I can claim single parent allowance. I also had two friends offer to donate to me ,nturally' though this would get messy with benefits. I could use a, known donor thru the clinic and still have then been able to claim single parent under ACT law but takes 6 months planning ahead to have them tested for STI's. You have to add the normal ivf costs on top with donors this way.

I am single 42 and Run out of time 4 Mr right etc so this was the best option for my age and situation. I hope this helps
    Regards Goldie