+ Reply to Thread
    Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How clean do you leave your holiday accommodation?

Dh and I have had an amazing week away in the sunshine coast hinterland. Sadly we have to go home tomorrow.. But tonight I have been busy packing and cleaning the house we have been staying in. It got me wondering how clean should you leave a place? I personally have cleaned the toilet bathroom, will strip all the beds, cleaned the floors and will do all the dishes etc before we leave in the morning. I have been really slack all week, I decided I was also taking a holiday from making beds so I have been really naughty and not made a single bed in a whole week

My mother used to clean a holiday resort in Noosa and I helped out sometimes and the state some people left the place in was disgusting, I remember finding used condoms in the bedroom between the mattresses dishes piled to the ceiling, overflowing rubbish bins...

My way of thinking is if the owners see how clean we leave it they will appreciate it and offer us a discount next time haha (yeah right), but maybe???

So how clean do you leave a holiday house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I leave it clean - I would be so embarrassed to leave a mess.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I strip linen, wash dry and pack away dishes, tidy and take the rubbish out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I always leave it clean. I thought it was an expectation of most places you could stay? I'm sure i've seen in t&c's that a fee will be charged if the place isn't left reasonably clean.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    cleeean.

I do all the things you do.
    clean the mirrors, floors, dishes..
    strip beds
    put towels in bath.

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave it tidy. But if we stay in a house then we pay the extra fee for them to do the big clean afterwards. An extra $100 or so isn't worth finishing my holiday stressed out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I always leave it clean. I thought it was an expectation of most places you could stay? I'm sure i've seen in t&c's that a fee will be charged if the place isn't left reasonably clean.

Yep most places we stay at charge $50 for cleaning if we don't clean. I do the bathroom/toilet, kitchen, wipe down surfaces, then strip beds and leave them at the end of the beds.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Tidy, strip beds, take out rubbish, wash and put away dishes, wipe down benches and sinks, sometimes sweep/vaccum if needed. But I assume that someone is going to actually 'clean', as in mop floors, clean the whole bathroom etc. So unless those things are visibly dirty I don't bother.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take out rubbish, wash/dry/put away dishes. A quick tidy as I'm packing so I don't forget anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whatever they ask of me. Some want rubbish taken out though I always put all dirty towels in a pile. Pull bed sheets up and try to make it look as it did when I arrived without going overboard of course it is a holiday after all.