+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    That's silly! God has given us free will but yet we get fined for driving at 100 km/hr on a 60 zone. lol

There are consequences to all we do... Humanly and Godly..
    Driving at 100km/hr in a 60 zone interferes with other people's free will, the will to walk safely down the street.

How does one person exercising their right to euthanasia interfere with the free will of another?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (29-05-2012),beebs  (29-05-2012),Gandalf  (29-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Driving at 100km/hr in a 60 zone interferes with other people's free will, the will to walk safely down the street.

How does one person exercising their right to euthanasia interfere with the free will of another?
    This has been talked about a few pages ago by someone else... Lily i think.
    Someone choosing euthanasia doesn't affect with another persons free will but it surely has a huge impact on a whole lot of people's around them in their lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im still not comfortable with this justification of suggesting someone should go through physical torment for the sake of other peoples feelings.

Dps uncle who I had lunch with today is suffering from cancer, he has informed his family that he knows how to off himself when he gets to that point.
    That makes my heartache, after experiencing family suicide, I imagine a 'controlled' environment would be less traumatic, for all involved. Certainly less risk of things going wrong too.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    That makes my heartache, after experiencing family suicide, I imagine a 'controlled' environment would be less traumatic, for all involved. Certainly less risk of things going wrong too.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub
    This. If nothing else legalise it for harm minimisation. Same principle as having abortion legal to prevebt backyard jobs.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (29-05-2012),halloweendee  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    This has been talked about a few pages ago by someone else... Lily i think.
    Someone choosing euthanasia doesn't affect with another persons free will but it surely has a huge impact on a whole lot of people's around them in their lives.
    The family will suffer a loss regardless. Does the family also need to watch their loved one suffer? Or can the family find peace in the knowledge that their loved one died on their own terms with minimal suffering?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    The family will suffer a loss regardless. Does the family also need to watch their loved one suffer? Or can the family find peace in the knowledge that their loved one died on their own terms with minimal suffering?

I really understand where you're coming from. And I agree with you, I think anyone would rather someone go in peace rather then watching someone suffer....
    But I just couldn't vote yes to that. But I wouldn't have the heart to stop anyone from voting yes

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    I really understand where you're coming from. And I agree with you, I think anyone would rather someone go in peace rather then watching someone suffer....
    But I just couldn't vote yes to that. But I wouldn't have the heart to stop anyone from voting yes

mummy to gods gift to us
    I inderstand that this doesnt sit with your values, but respect that you wouldnt impose your feelings on someone elses situation

Would you begrudge a loved one who chose euthanasia (pretending it is legal for discussions sake)? Ie say your mother was terminally ill, in immense pain, with no hope for improvement. She chose euthanasia. Would this make you more upset, less upset or the same amount of grief compared to if she went on to deteriorate over another 6 months before dying?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    This. If nothing else legalise it for harm minimisation. Same principle as having abortion legal to prevebt backyard jobs.

Can you explain what you mean by harm minimisation like abortion?
    Backyard abortions kill otherwise healthy women, how is this the same of unassisted suicide of someone who's terminally ill?

Apart from the compassionate point of view (which i can see) does euthanasia laws then open up avenues for other assisted suicide requests, as the example before ie. the elderly, the mentally ill. Will dr's be sued frequently by family members for various reasons?

Why does this country reject euthanasia laws?

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by harm minimisation like abortion?
    Backyard abortions kill otherwise healthy women, how is this the same of unassisted suicide of someone who's terminally ill?

Apart from the compassionate point of view (which i can see) does euthanasia laws then open up avenues for other assisted suicide requests, as the example before ie. the elderly, the mentally ill. Will dr's be sued frequently by family members for various reasons?

Why does this country reject euthanasia laws?
    DISTRESSING!!!

because an assisted suicide via lethal injection is much more 'pleasant' than a botched attempt via violent means (ie firearms, overdose, hanging, bleeding out etc)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (29-05-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    DISTRESSING!!!

because an assisted suicide via lethal injection is much more 'pleasant' than a botched attempt via violent means (ie firearms, overdose, hanging, bleeding out etc)
    This doesn't answer my question, it wasn't 'how does someone commit suicide?'