+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I think this goes back to my original question. If someone asked YOU can you help them die? Does it not affect the people around that person since they don't act alone in this? As a christian can you help someone use their free will to die?
    Is then suicide for the mentally ill who are suffering and spending their lives in hospital having several attempts at suicide not acceptable? Or is it just for the people suffering certain illnesses we can see?
    That's why back in one of my earlier posts I brought up about it being their choice and not making people do it for them. Between them and their doctor.

As for suicide...I think the person make these decisions need to be of sound mind when they make them for it to be true 'choice'.

Guest Guest
    In February 2010 a citizens' initiative called Out of Free Will further demanded that all Dutch people over 70 who feel tired of life should have the right to professional help in ending it. The organization started collecting signatures in support of this proposed change in Dutch legislation. A number of prominent Dutch citizens supported the initiative, including former ministers and artists, legal scholars and physicians
    In 2010 there were 3136 cases reported of a physician assisting the death of a patient. Split out it were 2910 cases of "end of life on request", 182 cases of assisted suicide and in 44 cases it was a combination. The evaluation commissions decided that in 9 cases the procedures were not according to protocol and referred the cases to the Public Prosecution Service and the Health Care Inspectorate.[5] It was the fifth year in a row that the number of reported cases was rising. The reason for this rise is not clear
    What do people think about this?
    Last edited by BH-tech; 12-01-2015 at 13:07. Reason: Link Removal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    What do people think about this?
    I do not support that. 70 is not that old these days, being 'tired of life' is different to being terminally ill in constant pain.

Also, for those just 'tired of life' they have the means to commit suicide, they still have that control over their body. It is not the same as someone who is bed ridden with no means to end their own life.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Benji  (29-05-2012),FiveInTheBed  (29-05-2012),halloweendee  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    No, I don't think this is what most people believe at all actually. I think most people believe that 'born' and 'conceive' are two separate things.

For instance, if someone asks you when you were born, you do not give them the date you were conceived on.
    You dont make sense?

I was saying that she meant to use the word conceive.
    As in christians I know believe god chooses when babies are conceived

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    You added more since i replied... Lol.. In response to the second bit, i would say the number of cases is rising because we are an ageing society, as are most developed nations, so there will be more people reaching old age and suffering these conditions where these choices come up. Also medical advances mean those with significant disability/pain live longer with their affliction and may wish to end their suffering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    You dont make sense?

mummy to gods gift to us
    Where does ivf fit? Is that still gods choice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post

That's a whole other issue for another thread.

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    You dont make sense?

mummy to gods gift to us
    Then if god is choosing when babies are conceived I am even more grateful I don't believe in your god - you are saying that bid also choses when babies aren't conceived. That's a whole huge can of worms and probably a different thread.

**If** god was merciful blah blah blah, then no one would suffer a horrible death - I almost hate your god now.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (29-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Originally Posted by Super Trooper

That's a whole other issue for another thread.

mummy to gods gift to us
    Very tempted to make a spin off :P

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-05-2012),Gothel  (29-05-2012)

Guest Guest
    Are we really going to discuss God? What God is responsible for, what kind of God will allow suffering, why God does this or that...... The never ending theological debate

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

knomie  (29-05-2012)