+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I support personal autonomy so yes I support an individuals right to determine when their life will end.

My support is however for those who are capable mentally to make the decision to end their lives so my support is not for a person's right to commit suicide, for me the two are not the same choices.

There does need to be strict legislation and processes in place though to ensure that euthansia is not used to cover up a murder.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Izy  (27-05-2012)

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    In like pretty much all controversial topics, I 100% support the individuals right to choose. When governed properly and its done while the individual is in the correct state of mind.

I have worked in aged care and now in the hospitals, I have made my husband promise to help me do whatever it takes to help me end my life if I am in that position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    For. Having watched my Grandmother die of dementia I am definitely for. She didn't even recognise her own daughters. She was a breathing skeleton for the last 9 or so months.
    This. I see the elderly suffer so much. I had a resident in so much pain last night and there is no cure for what she has. She has been out on the start of a pallative pathway plan i think its called.

Today i was feeding a woman at the age of 103yrs old, few months off her next birthday. You could see the pain she was and is in, she didnt want to eat, drink and has started to refuse anything from medications to her daily cares.

It breaks my heart seeing how much pain some of these people are in. I never would of been able to say a 100% yes until now working in an aged care facility.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Against.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Totally for.

Animals are eusthanised for pain, it's cruel to keep them alive.
    Competely agree.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing for later.... So much to say...

Thanks
    Reviews
    no...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand why people would be for, but my concern is where the line is.

Is someone's right to die more valid when they are old and had a physical illness than someone who is 50 and has lived with manic depression or another debilitating mental illness their whole life?

How old does someone have to be? How sick does someone have to be? Can it only be in the case of physical deterioration? If so, why is mental illness less of a reason to want to die with dignity?

Just a few questions I think of sometimes...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Totally for.

Animals are eusthanised for pain, it's cruel to keep them alive.
    Agree for the same reason I was just hesitant to post in case I came across as insensitive.