+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Perth WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No problem
    The last time we moved DD2 was 5 weeks old and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I packed our entire house on my own with a newborn and a 2 year old so I totally understand that feeling of walking into a room and thinking 'WTF?! HOW do I even start?'

One of my rules with linen, clothes, etc was one bag (big black bag). If it doesn't fit into one bag then I'm not moving it.
    Good luck Myztik! You can do it!

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have always found the easiest room to start in is the bathroom! For me it's less personal and easier to throw out a half used 10 year old facecream, than a 10 year old pair of socks! Then next I do the office/study, then I do photos, knicknacks and books (things that dont need culling, just packing), next I do linen and kitchen leaving just enough to use and wash. And lastly I do personal stuff. I feel by then I have had practice being ruthless! Make sure you label all boxes, to make it easier to unpack. If you are storing stuff, I would number those boxes and keep a list of what's in each. Then if you need something out of storage you can refer to your list and go directly to the box!