+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you have council collected wheelie bins? If so make full use of them.

Find out which side gets emptied first (your side, or across the road) and fill your bin and place it on that side. Wait for it to get emptied then refill it with bags you have waiting and put it back out (on the other side of the road) to be emptied a second time.

If you have friendly neighbours, you might want to talk to them and ask if they are willing to let you put an extra bag in their bin (if they have extra room) each week. But if you do so, make sure you only put clean bags in their bins. You don't want to make their bins dirty.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep I do SweetSeven. I've filled both already an they get emptied Tuesday. My side of the road goes first the the other side and occasionally when I miss mine I run it across the road lol. Might go ask them if they mind me doing it on Tuesday. Good thinking thanks!!

I'm friends with neighbors on both sides so will talk to them tomorrow too.

I've finally gotten a bit done and it doesn't seem quite so daunting atm but we'll see how I go tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad it doesn't seem so daunting now. With regards to kids drawings/work I was thinking of buying a few books with the plastic pockets and just keeping the special ones they have done over the years as well as a few from maths, English ect from each year level so when we look back we can see how much the work has changed iykwim.
    I'm finding the kids school/kinder work the hardest to part with

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    Thanks for that I need to get a skip but can't for a week or so so might just have to start piling stuff near the gate or something.

Sorting things into the shed is a good idea too.

I keep going to start then just walk around in circles and end up back on the couch wondering where to start :/ might just wait til the kids are at school tomorrow and start with their rooms and do one room at a time.
    omg .. that is ME!!! rofl - I walk in circles muttering ..

seriously though hon - dont get a skip UNTIL you have a pile of stuff, its more expensive the longer you keep the skip - so have at least a 1/2 skip of stuff ready to go before it arrives, it takes the pressure off a bit. I just start with a roll of garbage bags .. I pick a room and just start throwing ... I sort .. lifeline .. skip .. keep. Once you've done one room - its so motivating to move onto the next.

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandy that's what I'm thinking will have to happen with the school stuff but how do you choose what to keep?!?! It's so hard.

Jen that's a good point about the skip bin. Thanks. I figure I'll hit the kids rooms while they are at school tomorrow and go from there. I just wanna curl up on the couch and ignore it I'm still incredibly tired and headachey from my meds which is making it harder and come Tuesday I'll feel worse again after the jab.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can you take a photo/scan all their work (and later get them printed into a photo book), and keep the meaningful/special ones that you REALLY like as hard copies, while you ditch the ones you scanned/photographed?
    Last edited by Guest1234; 27-05-2012 at 22:47.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (27-05-2012)

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh that's a great idea about the photo book!! I haven't packed the scanner yet so will definitely do that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Myztik, do you need a hand over the weekend? I'm good at this sort of stuff ans am happy to help out .
    In the meantime, do two drawers or shelves (in your room or linen cupboard, or kitchen, etc) every day this week to get yourself into the swing of things.

Also, start eating out of the pantry and freezer. You want to move as little of that stuff ad possible!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    seriously though hon - dont get a skip UNTIL you have a pile of stuff, its more expensive the longer you keep the skip - so have at least a 1/2 skip of stuff ready to go before it arrives, it takes the pressure off a bit. I just start with a roll of garbage bags .. I pick a room and just start throwing ... I sort .. lifeline .. skip .. keep. Once you've done one room - its so motivating to move onto the next.
    this is how we move house (And how Im currently unpacking!)

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw MamaC that is so nice of you to offer I'll see how I'm going during the week and keep you updated the two at a time thing sounds like a good way to start too. I know once I get going I'll get into the swing of it it's just the getting started that's hard lol. Need a carton of red bull and some loud tunes I think