+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH didn't stay (I told him to go and get some rest) and I regret that now! I wasn't mobile (still hooked up the the drip) and the nurses took DD away for about 3 hours as I was dropping off to sleep and they were worried if anything were to happen to DD I couldnt physically get up to get her. I was furious at the time but when I got up for the first time on day 2 I almost collapsed and needed help walking to the bathroom.

I had no issues feeding, DD had her first feed at about 1hr old and my milk came in on day 2 I think?

I felt great on day 2 as soon as the drip/catheter was out. We had immediate family only on day one and friends came from day 2. Glad DH enforced that rule... Don't know if everyone needed to see me with a catheter and my boobs hanging out while I was learning to feed haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went private and the nurses offered no help at all, thankfully hubby stayed every night. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    I would definitely have your hubby stay, I couldn't move after my CS so having him there with me for a few days/night straight was great. Even just changing nappy or getting baby up to feed. I found it easier than to get a nurse to my room. Sometimes you have to wait for a nurse as they are often busy.
    Yes, this.

It was also nice for DH to have to do a lot from the start, he's kept it up and 2+ years later is still very hands on. I think his early push into meeting babies needs gave him confidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH stayed overnight with me every night I was in hospital both times. DD stayed with my parents when I had DS and mum brought her in for visits every day.

I preferred to have DH there to help and also so he could bond with the babies right from the start.

Both times DH and the baby came into recovery with me and I had skin to skin contact and breastfed in recovery both times.

I had immediate family (ie. my parents) visit straight away. Everyone else not until the second day (after catheter out and first shower).

With DD, my milk didn't come in until day 5 and by then I had severe nipple damage and subsequently developed mastitis and a very painful golf ball sized breast abscess which required surgery under ga at 6 weeks post partum. I was told that what happened to me was pretty rare though and on the upside I still managed to keep bf her until she was three years old (with some comp feeding).

With DS, milk was in by day 3 and bf him was very simple and painfree compared to the first time. He is now 5 months and exclusively bf.

I haven't had a natural birth to compare to but didn't experience any problems bonding with either baby after having c-sections.

Good luck and hope all goes well for you, it's such a special time.
    Last edited by DailyDiversion; 27-05-2012 at 18:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for these great, positive stories! I really appreciate it. I'm feeling better already. I feel very overwhelmed with everything so it's given me some space to get excited about meeting our precious bubs.Thanks again xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for these great, positive stories! I really appreciate it. I'm feeling better already. I feel very overwhelmed with everything so it's given me some space to get excited about meeting our precious bubs.Thanks again xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in private hospy and had morning CS, but was still not able to get out of bed and had catheter and IV in overnight. DH stayed every night, but the first night was able to attend to baby's cry immediately rather than waiting for the nurse/midwife to come which sometimes took a while. The first night the nurse came in a lot to check obs and drip etc which was annoying! You'll need the hospital bed post CS since it's very hard to get out of a low bed with the wound. I didn't have problems with milk coming in but had low supply and had to use formula top ups which were supported by both the midwives and the paed.

The first day I felt like crap, and wasn't even up to having my mum visit. Only my mum visited the next day, I didn't want any visitors till day 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm booked in for a Caesar on Wednesday due to a few complications. I have a quite a few questions.I am going to a private hospital so hubby can stay in the room with me but not in the same bed (on the first night). Is it worth him staying the first night or is he better getting some rest at home?How long do you usually stay in recovery for? Can my family come and see us in recovery or do they wait until I'm back in my room?How do you generally feel on the first day? Should we tell visitors to hold off on coming in or do you feel up to visitors? I'm thinking maybe immediate family on the first day.How did breast feeding go for you after a c-sec? I'm nervous about attachment after a Caesar, I'm hoping that my body will know what to do especially as I'm past my due date. Any advise would be great! I'm feeling very nervous!
    Hi! Good luck!! I have had two elective c-sections so hopefully I can answer a couple of questions.....

My hubby didn't stay the first night either time.... He would have had to sleep in a recliner and I was absolutely shattered and really didnt care whether he was there or not....

I was in recovery for about an hour each time, no one was allowed to visit u til I got back to the room.

I felt fine on the first day, and had visitors! Was pretty drugged up though! Having said that I know a few people who have had vomiting etc after their c-sections so I would just tell people that you will let them know!

I breastfed DD til 10 month (I chose to wean her) and breastfed my DS for 14 months until he self weaned! I had a lot of attachment problems with DD but I don't think they were related to the c-section

I had two wonderful, beautiful birth experiences and do not regret one little thing! I wish you the same xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cant answer the private part of things. But I didn't feel like visitors other than family the next day. Make sure you get mobile ASAP as this will speed up your recovery. Having a shower ASAP will also make you feel a million bucks.
    I was in the recovery room for 2 hours. No visitors. DS was taken down to the Special Care Nursery when they stitched me up as that is what they do with every pre-term bub. No matter if they're 1 week pre-term or 5 weeks.
    Mum was with him while I was in recovery.

Breastfeeding was a disaster at the beginning. My milk didn't come in and DS had problems latching on. After 10 days they gave me motilium which finally made my milk come in and I breastfed for 14 months after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to add that I went private too, and they generally take the bubs to the special care nursery for the first night - bringing them back for feeds - so that mum can sleep! I took them up for the offer both times and slept like a baby lol!