+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you feel before you went into labour?

Just wondering how you felt before you went into labour? Did you feel energised? tired? sick? happy? cranky? etc.... or nothing unusual...?

I have been feeling really different today, extra tired and sleeping heaps (which is really unusual!), extra uncomfortable, extra pressure pain in my vagina, new pains in the upper front thighs that go into my lower stomach (the hospital said it sounds like nerve or ligament pain)... a constant headache since yesterday and really cranky and a short fuse for anything!!

Please share your stories if you remember how you were feeling before labour...?

Also, mild back pain, and in tears on and off for the last 2 days. I don't want to speak to anyone apart from my DH, just be by myself and i'm constantly asking DH for a hug... just really depressed...
    Last edited by webby; 27-05-2012 at 15:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found for days before i went into labour very tired and feeling not well spent most days on the couch watching tv then the day i went into labour i was feeling the same till that afternoon i had his sudden burst of energy i got up went and washed out the garbage bins which was strange i never use to wash them out lol then i went and baked a cake then vacumed and mopped the floors then when i was almost finished i felt something trinkling down my leg i thought i wet myself for a minute lol but it was my water breaking then started to get contractions and it was the start of labour i so didn't expect it as i was only 35wks and 6days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt fine. I saw my doctor on a Tuesday who said I still had about a week or two to go.
    Thursday night my waters broke.
    I wasn't expecting it at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I felt really crap. Tired and over it and really crampy, that was the first time at 27 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My only spontaneous labour was with DD. The night before she was born I'd had the best nights sleep EVER. Had slept for 12 hours and felt really rested. Her labour was only 3 hours (nearly didn't make it to hospital on time) so I had plenty of energy for that. Apart from that I felt same as usual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt my usual self, but incredibly tired. I just wanted to sleep all day, every day for a few days before hand. And I'm glad I did, because I was awake for more than 24 hours once the labour and birth were done, and I got over all the excitement

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My only spontaneous labour I was hungry. Starving actually, all day. Before leaving our house for my sisters (she lives 10 minutes from my hospital, I was 70 minutes away) I ate two big roast beef rolls and a big bowl of vegie soup and that was at 9pm. At my sisters, I ate their left over easter chocolate. We headed to the hospital just after midnight and I gave birth at 5am. First thing I demanded was food.

With my induced labour, I had my waters broken and then was allowed to go for a walk to get things established. I walked across the road from the hospital to a cafe and got two bacon and egg sandwiches, this was after having a good breakfast. At lunch I demanded the midwifes bring the meal I had ordered (against their advice) and I scoffed it all and some of dh's. I gave birth at 4.30pm and asked if I could get transferred to my room in time for the dinner I had ordered.

I am waiting for labour now, but don't think it will be today. I am just not hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing because I'm interested, I am due on Friday and have been really tired for the past 2 days, got up at midday today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was really calm and excited. I remember heading to the hospital at 1am singing along to the radio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing too