+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 9mth old thrashing head

My DS has just started thrashing his head around from side to side - he sometimes does it quite forcefully and throws his arms around in the air too. It's almost like a mini seizure of some sort watching him (although I know it isn't that bad).

I've tried to look this up but have only found threads suggesting bubs are sleepy/tired etc He is doing this randomly during the day - sitting, eating, playing, just woke up etc

He doesn't have any cold symptoms to suggest ear infections. He has however had some very unsettled sleep the past few nights and is a little cranky, which is not normal for him.

He hasn't got any teeth yet so I was thinking this could be the start?? Has anyone else had similar symptoms for teething? when googling teething symptoms only ear pulling is mentioned, not thrashing about.

My son use to do that! He is fine and smart but now at 21months loves to go on his spin and bounce zebra. So sometimes i think he was tired sometimes i think he just loved the feeling haha

Similar Threads

1. Baby thrashing head from side to side in bed???
    By CamD in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-11-2012, 10:23
  2. Baby thrashing in sleep
    By ChangedMyMind in forum Babies (3 - 6 months)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 12:32
  3. Baby thrashing in her sleep
    By ChangedMyMind in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 17:22