+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I buy maternity jeans and just buy normal tops a size bigger. Lady time I had a lot of strechy tees with gathers on the side, tunic tops. And maxi dresses are the best when it's warm

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought normal clothes that were a few sizes up. Instead of buying at 8, I'd buy a 12.
    For maternity gear, Target, Big W, Myer, David Jones, KMart, Pumpkin Patch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of your baby stores sell maternity gear... I find them
    A bit pricey tho

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    I tend to buy normal clothes but stuff with give/drape to it.

Currently wearing a maxi dress with a cardi.
    Same here.
    I have a bunch of plus size clothes (pj pants, skirts, dresses and tops) and just wear my usual cardies, but open, rather than buttoned

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment target have these awesome pants. They are black, super stretchy and look like normal loose dress pants (although the material is lighter, and they don't have pockets or zippers or anything annoying). I find them surprisingly warm considering how light the fabric seems, and I was also wearing them in the summer without over heating (for really cold climates they might need to be paired up with a long jacket). I brought mine last year on sale, and when I got pregnant they were the only pants I wanted to wear since they didn't rub on my belly.

I couldn't find them till this years winter stuff came out, and then there they were .

They are pretty easy to spot, they look like dress pants crossed with tracksuit pants (boot cut) and you can stretch them out really far. I can have mine on and can still stretch them out heaps even with my bump . I'm not sure of the sizes, but I'm in the plus sizes so they definitely have the larger ones, and I think I might have seen a small version on my mad hunt for them, but I can't be 100% on that.

For my jeans I got a belly belt (also from target) so I can wear my old jeans, but found that target and Big W don't have any plus size maternity wear. I found some nice tops on ebay though and am just waiting for them to arrive. Luckily a few of my plus size shirts are loose enough for now I was pretty upset by the lack of maternity clothes for larger women (even finding a maternity bra has been a chore). We have babies too, and I'm starting to out grow my plus size shirts even though some of them are stretchy. The cut and style are all wrong and they all seem to want to ride up . Oh well, ebay and amazon will have to do instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I just went on the next website and looked at the maternity clothes and they are so gorgeous and affordable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found a fantastic website that does all sizes. Bump baby and beyond

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just received my order from ASOS yesterday- tights, pencil skirt and maxi skirt all for $80. They fit true to size, were delivered in a week and are so comfy. They are all just a light jersey type material but it is soft and stretchy. I am usually a 12 and these are 12s but with plenty of room, not only in the belly (only 14 wks, no real bump yet!)
    Very happy and I'd definitely order more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bump baby and beyond are awesome! they stock heaps of stuff at a variety of sizes and actually quite affordable.
    I went to Myer on sat and found this nice knit tunic from JUMP that would accommodate a bump.
    I'm a size 14-16 and find it hard to find normal clothes let alone maternity clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just shopped up at witchery. Awesome sale and loads of nice baggy style tops that I'll be able to wear after bubs too. Bonus!!!