+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If he does it at nap time too I'd still go with ears. My youngest has shocking ear problems and has already had 3 sets of grommets and only just turned 2. Somehow the laying down irritates the ears more, and causes pain and sleeplessness. I don't think it's teething. A good dose of panadol usually helps with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The dr said his ears were fine but he has had an ear infection before and yeah he wouldn't sleep then either. Will have to get them checked again as I feel the same, usually a dose of nurofen does the trick with his teething!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to goldencrumble For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What about a food intolerance or reflux/heartburn that would hurt more when he lays down? Does he eat much dairy or any new food been recently introduced?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No new food has been introduced. He generally does eat a lot of dairy - eggs, yoghurt, cheese etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    The trouble with ears is they look fine to the dr, but to see if they have glue ear, or a build up of muck behind the ear drum they need to do an impedence test at the hearing centre. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd try cutting out dairy or possibly even gluten ( wheat) for a few days to see if it makes any difference, it just sounds like his body is reacting to something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could be worth taking your little one to an osteo who works with babies. They can often pick up places of tension in the body, e.g. if he has hurt himself or if his tummy is upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS (17mths) has a cold at the moment and has been doing the exact same thing. We have had him in our bed so i can keep soothing him when he starts screaming, so heartbreaking. He seems to have had this illness lingering on for weeks though so we are all exhausted. Our doc gave me a script for Dimetapp and we gave him a dose before bed and he was dramatically better. So in our case a cold was all it took to make him so so upset, he has been a poor sleeper from an early age though. Hope it settles down for you soon. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 14 month old did this about 2 weeks ago. Her cold was getting worse at night and she would wake and scream coz she hadn't been able to breath comfortably. At my wits ends one nap time I ended up propping her cot up with a pillow under her mattress and for a wiggling sleeper it was the first time she ever stayed still in bed as it was obviously helping.
    Hope u find the answer soon!

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi op

I definitely agree with wigglemum regarding ears , I'd for sure try to get in to see your good doctor asap and they can check the ears again as well as look for anything else that could be wrong . By asap I mean as in the next day just Incase the poor little mite is really in agony somewhere , if I couldn't get in to the doc I'd go to the childrens hospital and just implore to them you've been to doctors , you've tried many things but something is seriously distressing her and you believe he needs to thoroughly be checked .

I might sound like Im overreacting but it's very scary when they can't verbalise what's wrong and I think your right , it doesn't sound like teething and for the crying to be that prolonged for that many nights I think something is going on . You sound like doing all you can to comfort him I feel for you so bad it's heartbreaking when they cry like that , I'd definitely go hospital if I felt the doctor wasn't being thorough enough just for my peace of mind.

Please keep us updated I'll be thinking of you hope you get to the bottom of it soon. Xo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (27-05-2012)