+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unsure...

Hi c: So I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this but I didn't know where else, so if it needs to go somewhere else, just tell me?

Before I go on I should probably introduce myself a little bit. You can call me Charlie (Charlotte's my middle name and I prefer to go by it online c: ), and I just turned nineteen - I was going to say today, but it's after midnight now, so! I work in childcare and I'm studying a Cert III in childcare, although last year I did the first year of an education degree, which I'm seriously considering taking up again next year or so, but we'll see how that all goes.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I had a ONS and as far as I'm aware, didn't use protection. Which was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done but there's not much I can do about it now :/ Anyway, I'm definitely being paranoid, but AF is now a couple days overdue and I'm really worried I might be pregnant. I feel like I've got some early symptoms but I'm not kidding when I say I could really be overemphasising it in my head, ugh. I'm going to hold out a little longer to see if AF comes because she doesn't really run to any schedule, sassy, but if it hasn't come by maybe the end of this coming week I'll take a HPT. I still live at home and I don't have a boyfriend or anything and I honestly don't know what I'll do if I get a BFP because as tricky a situation it is, I don't think I could get an abortion :c But I don't know how well it would go down with my family and I don't know what would happen with work and just everything. But jumping the gun, that's me, yes, I'm seriously getting ahead of myself and ugh stress.

That was way longer than I anticipated, sorry, I just really wanted to get that off my chest :/ I guess does anyone have any advice or such? Thanks for taking the time to read this, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Hun, you have come to the right place. I had a similar situation happen just after I turned 18. Feel free to message me if you want to chat. Any time.

The best thing to do at the moment is just relax. Don't stress out unless you know for sure you are pregnant. If you are, you can stress about it later.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlie, I think you're just stressing yourself out when nothing's certain. So many pregnancy signs are also pre AF signs. So go buy a test and see what it says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advice, girls! I miscalculated when AF was due, but I missed it anyway, so I bought two tests today -

Not sure what this spells for my future, but I can't help but be a little happy c:

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pandasian View Post
    Thanks for your advice, girls! I miscalculated when AF was due, but I missed it anyway, so I bought two tests today -

Not sure what this spells for my future, but I can't help but be a little happy c:
    Don't let other people push you to make the choice they want for you. You do what you feel is right no matter what people think, if that's abortion, adoption, or keeping. Good luck and I hope you let us all know what's going on. Xxx it will be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Now that you know, I thinks it's important to way up all of your options.

It happened to me at 17, and I decided that it was better to abort. Im still happy with my choice - but that's because I weighed up each scenario and talked to the baby Daddy.

Is the guy someone you know / have contact with? If so my advise is talent him also.

Best of luck.