+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been told by CPR/first aid trainers that it is often safer to call an ambulance in an emergency than to drive a child to hospital yourself (regardless of whether you are sober). There have been a number of instances where a panicking parent has put their child into a car to take them to hospital and been in such a frantic state they had an accident on the way, killing both of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    It would be rare that we would both be drunk as our son is almost always with us, but we both sometimes drink enough to be over the legal limit. We rarely drink anymore at home anyway.
    This exactly. We aren't really drinkers who drink to be drunk.. Dp will have a bottle of bourbon which lasts him months as he will just have one or two drinks a few times a week at most. And offers a drink to visitors.. I will have cider or a wine sometimes.. Im guessing that there would be times we may both not pass a breathaliser for say half an hour? I mean obviously nobody can drive immediately after a drink of wine .. I think? If one of us was drunk the other definitely wouldn't be when we are at home,cos we have little kids to look after. It's really not a thing we would do..be under the Influence around our kids. That's not cool imo. If by chance we both had a few too many drinks and one of the kids were hurt we would a) go to one of our neighbours or b) call an ambulance

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, sometimes just one of us drinks, most of the time we are both sober, but sometimes we both drink....

I figure if there's a medical emergency then that's what ambulances are for (free in qld anyway!)

Busy-Bee is online now Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Absolutely! Having taken DD to Emergency 3 times in the last 3 months I want at least one of us to have a clear head at all times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, we are 10 nmins walk from the hospital any way.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If DH drinks, I stay sober just in case (but also because I'm not really a big drinker.) We co-sleep with our 17mo DD so I make him sleep on the sofa, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't drink, I stopped when I got my licence. DF used to drink waaaaay too much all the time, but he doesn't drive so I was always DD. Now DF rarely drinks either (but still can't drive - not cool.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well as my DH doesnt drive I guess that means I can never have a drink?
    But no, I sometimes have a drink or 2 (not now Im pregnant). I dont get smashed, but I dont necessarily stay under the limit. We have ambulance insurance and we live near a hospital. One of us would always stay sober enough to deal with DD, change her nappy, fed her, comfort her, whatever though.