+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    Ear candling is a con??
    Then whats all that wax doing there when i cut it open afterwards????
    From memory, I think the ears wax candles have a light coating of bees wax or similar that melts and makes it look like ear wax....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    From memory, I think the ears wax candles have a light coating of bees wax or similar that melts and makes it look like ear wax....
    Yes it's something like that. Disappointing as it seemed to make some kind of sense (creating a vacuum of sorts to pull out loose ear debris).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    On the 'Crystal' designation for amber, DP tells me that during the fossilisation process, the original tree sap is replaced, or transformed, into a crystal structure. Therefore it is called a crystal for that reason! This is what DP says; if anyone wants to correct me here, please do!

Atropos ~ I suppose the makers of these necklaces have to come up with some justifications for their use, and maybe they think 'succinate release' sounds more appealing to the average punter than mentioning the rather flakey sounding energetic and magickal qualities! I agree that any chemicals released would be so miniscule as to be almost insignificant (hence why they don't 'shrink' while in use!), but this in no way detracts from the very significant energy-regulating capabilities amber possesses, that are very useful and powerful for individuals sensitive to these properties.
    It's the made up succinate release rubbish that makes it come off as a scam. Is there any scientific data to support the energetic theory you are describing? Any studies or anything? I'd be interested to read them if so.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (07-08-2012),VicPark  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Yes. It's already in there.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It's the made up succinate release rubbish that makes it come off as a scam. Is there any scientific data to support the energetic theory you are describing? Any studies or anything? I'd be interested to read them if so.
    I'll see what I can find! My partner has Melody's book (she's a crystal healer who's got about 40 different stones named after her, all newly discovered crystals), and it's huge ~ a positive tome. I'll look in there. I should imagine there probably isn't many, or the makers of said necklaces and purveyors of amber would quote them. Subtle healing energies are very hard to detect and measure, and this would be a main****** healing science if easily detected!

Science is very aware of the properties of crystals, though. Hence me pratttling on about quartz used to regulate electronics. Other crystals are used in electronics, too, like Tourmaline.

There may be a historical mix-up here and there between Amber and Ambergris (solidified whale bile, some call it whale vomit!); they are a similar looking and feeling substance, but Ambergris is about 100 times more valuable. Amber DOES have a scent ~ it's a pine scent like the tree it originally came from, again this is according to my DP, but there's not much about these rocks he doesn't know. But the energy-reg effects have been documented for humans since before humans began documenting anything!

Ear candling is another thing all together. There would be studies out there to support it. It's another thing, like herbs and crystals, that work for some and not others; and some will believe in and not others. I have known a few people who've had shocking ear probs that were solved by regular candling; but I'm not totally sure about it. Like anything, you just have to try it and see for yourself if it works for YOUR mind and body. It is reputed to be extremely relaxing, and it gently warms the ear canal, which may largely explain any positive effects it has. Some candles are also imbued with essential oils ~ yet another healing art that some swear by and others think is bunkum. I personally am a believer in essential oils ~ some are very powerful; yet again, you have to be sensitive to the effects. Many a time I've had headaches that were relieved by Lavender oil. But this thread is about Amber ~ so I'll see what I can find re studies about, but I doubt I'll have much success!

I also have been concerned about the strangulation hazard of the necklaces, but the one I have has a low breaking strain. If anyone is concerned about this, put it around child's ankle, or buy a pendant instead and pin it inside the child's clothes. It does not need to be in contact with the skin for the benefits of energy regulation to be felt, but for some, it will up the power. Phew!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (07-08-2012)