+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has cut all her teeth including molars with zero fuss. And she never wore an amber necklace.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly Molly Mandy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Atropos ~ in the other Amber necklace thread you say anecdotal evidence is not real evidence, but then say you base your thoughts on these necklaces from not only studies you've looked up, but your 3 friends' experiences ~ is that not anecdotal evidence?My partner is a crystal healer and says all sorts of tosh go around about crystals, and the succinate-release theory is possibly one of them. If you've seriously never heard of energetic theories to do with crystals, google crystal healing ~ there's some good and some really dodgy info out there, but good info and new ideas on this can be found on the net. The most prevalent use of crystals for healing is definitely NOT the release of contained chemicals into the skin by crystals worn, but the changing of one's energy field (Morphic Field Theory) by crystals introduced to the body's energy field. Hence the very scientifically-proven use of quartz regulating clocks as a metaphor for amber's regulation of the perception of teething pain.A poster on the other thread mentioned that some drugs work for some and not others (in fact some medications have absolutely no effect on some genotypes at all ~ black african peoples have 40% less response to medications for caucasians), and the same goes for crystals. Some are extremely potent for some, the same crystal may do not a jot for others.I don't want to see people ripped off over crystals, either. My partner has a policy of providing them at the cheapest possible price, and getting them to people who need them with good info on their uses without charging a fortune, as many crystal shops are want to do. I think Amber BeBe have a money back guarantee if you are unhappy with the necklace or the results of use.I don't think it was in that thread you called me unscientific, I think it was this one! By the way, you are welcome to call me unscientific if you wish!

Also, thanks for bringing the succinate release thoery to my attention so I can check out for myself in more detail!
    Last edited by BaronessM; 05-08-2012 at 19:13.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (05-08-2012),Caviar  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure why the other thread disappeared. I thought that it had stayed polite, despite differences of opinion.

I view amber necklaces in the same way as I do horoscopes or lucky charms. No evidence to support any validity of the claims associated with them, but some people believe in them.

I do have concerns about people being ripped off, and about the safety aspect, but people are free to make their own decisions and spend their money how they choose.

Some people say they just like the look of them. I'm not a fan of jewellery on little children, so I don't really like the look, but to me I guess the safety aspects would outweigh a cosmetic decision.

Each to their own. They're not for me, but others are free to make their own decisions.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd 16 months has worn one since she was about 4 months old. I don't think it does anything tbh but she wears it just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post

My partner is a crystal healer and says all sorts of tosh go around about crystals, and the succinate-release theory is possibly one of them. If you've seriously never heard of energetic theories to do with crystals, google crystal healing ~ there's some good and some really dodgy info out there, but good info and new ideas on this can be found on the net. The most prevalent use of crystals for healing is definitely NOT the release of contained chemicals into the skin by crystals worn, but the changing of one's energy field (Morphic Field Theory) by crystals introduced to the body's energy field.
    I've had a look on the Amber Bebe website, which you have referenced in both threads.

On their website they say that their amber contains succinate, and they also say (I'm quoting here):

when Amber is worn next to the skin it is warm and it is reputed to release natural oils that can care for the skin

the ancient European tradition of children wearing amber as a protective amulet is well documented, wearing amber was believed to repel bad spirits that were thought to cause illness. Today they are simply beautiful.

The ancients traditionally presentes amber jewels to young children to help protect them from misadventure and help ease growth, and especially teething. Today it makes a beautiful gift, whose warmth can be radiated around them.

(Also):

Extra special care must be taken with children under the age of 3 as all jewellery has small components which can cause a CHOKING HAZARD. We recommend that all jewellery be removed prior to sleeping, and other occasions where the child may be left alone.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (05-08-2012),BaronessM  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry - forgot to add - amber is also not a crystal. (I only mention that as you reference crystal healing).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (06-08-2012),Boobycino  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I believe more so in healing energy rather than oils released from amber.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Worked for DS1&2, DD not so much but hers is from a different supplier I am going to order her one from the place I got the boys one.

P.S my children wear them 24/7 and I have never had one break, DS2 had a bead shatter (well I'm guessing it did as one is missing and the necklace is intact). The other day he choked on a Lego persons head. He could of choked on a rock while at the park or outside or while eating. I don't wrap my kids in cotton wool, we do life here I know first aid that's my safety belt.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (06-08-2012),Purple Lily  (05-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    P.S my children wear them 24/7 and I have never had one break, DS2 had a bead shatter (well I'm guessing it did as one is missing and the necklace is intact). The other day he choked on a Lego persons head. He could of choked on a rock while at the park or outside or while eating. I don't wrap my kids in cotton wool, we do life here I know first aid that's my safety belt.
    Fair enough. We all do different risk assessments.

For me there is no positive to amber/ jewellery on kids, and therefore it's not a risk I consider worth taking.

If you believe that it works then you might think otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Worked for DS1&2, DD not so much but hers is from a different supplier I am going to order her one from the place I got the boys one.

There's a difference between wrapping your kid in cotton wool and totally ignoring a government safety warning.
    - it only takes one shattered bead to create a dangerous situation.
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast