+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD has one. Not sure if it helped as such or not but it looks very cute!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    To find amber teething necklaces, try googling 'amber teething necklace (surprise, surprise).' Also google Amber BeBe (I can personally recommend these), or try ebay, or etsy.com (handmade and artisan made things website). You can always pin any old baltic amber pendant under bub's clothes, this is also good if worry about strangulation holds you back.

There's lots of things science doesn't back up that still work, mainly as science has yet to find ways to measure some things. Actually, science does back up the energy abilities of many crystals. A quartz watch works only because an actual piece of quartz within it regulates the energy output. My partner (a metaphiz crystal healer ~ and he aint a hippy AT ALL!! ~ urges you to think of the human as a watch, and any healing crystal as the quartz that regulates it.

Even if it's psychosomatic, the evidence from parents here shows the amber is doing something...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (27-05-2012),T 800  (27-05-2012)

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my son his teething necklace when he was 2 months old. My husband was skeptical but the baby got his first teeth- four at once- and we didnt notice them until they had broken through the gums. He was totally normal, I had no idea he was getting teeth. He now has just gotten his 7th and 8th teeth and to this point he hasn't had a single teething symptom yet. Both of us are sold

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    19 month old DS has been wearing his since he was 3 months and has all his teeth ( 2 year old molars just came!) worse symptom was drooling and red cheeks! I did not know he was teething most of the time , they just came up
    We left it off once overnight when he was 8 months and he was a different child! We only take it off for baths and swimming , he has never played/pulled it and only really noticed it a few months ago ( beads are individually knotted and half the size if the raw peas he eats!) as a pp said its worth the $30 to try but put it on early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    I did with dd2 they helped reduce the amount of dribble and settled her a bit better. You really notice the different when you take them off for the day.
    Definitely agree with this - Our DD has been wearing them since she was 6mths old... she is now 21mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    To find amber teething necklaces, try googling 'amber teething necklace (surprise, surprise).' Also google Amber BeBe (I can personally recommend these), or try ebay, or etsy.com (handmade and artisan made things website). You can always pin any old baltic amber pendant under bub's clothes, this is also good if worry about strangulation holds you back.

There's lots of things science doesn't back up that still work, mainly as science has yet to find ways to measure some things. Actually, science does back up the energy abilities of many crystals. A quartz watch works only because an actual piece of quartz within it regulates the energy output. My partner (a metaphiz crystal healer ~ and he aint a hippy AT ALL!! ~ urges you to think of the human as a watch, and any healing crystal as the quartz that regulates it.

Even if it's psychosomatic, the evidence from parents here shows the amber is doing something...
    Correlation doesn't equal causation and anecdotes are not evidence, sorry. Science has shown that amber doesn't heat enough on a body to release anything- it needs to get to about 200 degrees Celsius. Also if it's psychosomatic then it's the parents mind, not the amber, bringing about a perceived effect. Science is never going to be a closed book, but in this case we know for a fact that amber does not "release" anything unless in a high temp.

To each their own, buy one if you feel better for it for sure, or if you like the look, but science HAS shown there is no way they exude analgesics or any other substances that assist with teething, depression or anything else.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (27-05-2012),Guest654  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD cut her first 3 teeth without any fuss, and she did not have an amber necklace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Correlation doesn't equal causation and anecdotes are not evidence, sorry. Science has shown that amber doesn't heat enough on a body to release anything- it needs to get to about 200 degrees Celsius. Also if it's psychosomatic then it's the parents mind, not the amber, bringing about a perceived effect. Science is never going to be a closed book, but in this case we know for a fact that amber does not "release" anything unless in a high temp.

To each their own, buy one if you feel better for it for sure, or if you like the look, but science HAS shown there is no way they exude analgesics or any other substances that assist with teething, depression or anything else.
    ^^ completely.

amber is formed at such high pressure and temperature, then cools rapidly. our bodies are simply not hot enough to heat the amber to a temperature for it to release anything.

but they do look mighty pretty!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-05-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't explain what they are doing if anything at all, but they worked for us. It was dd who told me she wanted to wear hers again at 5yo, because she thought it looked pretty. She was the one who insisted it go back on at bed time a few weeks later after it had been off for sports training. She was the one who noticed that it helped her growing pains. Considering I had never suggested it would or could do something (because it hadn't crossed my mind to be honest) I cannot explain this, but it's not psychosomatic, nor the effect of my influence. It's a mystery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    I can't explain what they are doing if anything at all, but they worked for us. It was dd who told me she wanted to wear hers again at 5yo, because she thought it looked pretty. She was the one who insisted it go back on at bed time a few weeks later after it had been off for sports training. She was the one who noticed that it helped her growing pains. Considering I had never suggested it would or could do something (because it hadn't crossed my mind to be honest) I cannot explain this, but it's not psychosomatic, nor the effect of my influence. It's a mystery.
    My DD was convinced sleeping with her teddy every night would protect her from the boogeyman and since she's never been attacked I can only assume... Maybe her growing pains were just subsiding. I personally wouldn't attribute it to a necklace because I know they don't actually do anything, same as my DD attributing the lack of boogeymen to her bear IYKWIM. If your DD thinks wearing a necklace makes her feel less pain- that's great- whatever works, I say- but that doesn't make it not psychosomatic. There are any number of ways she may have heard what the original purpose of the necklace was. Or she could have just decided, like my DD, that the two things were related.

My own bit of anecdotal info- I wear a Baltic amber pendant that is rarely taken off. I still get toothaches, headaches, muscular pain and a chronic lower back problem. If I take the pendant off for a day or two there is no change.

Like I said, to each their own but there is the following points to consider. Manufacturers claim that amber contains succinic acid. Yes, it does. They claim this is exuded by the amber. It is, at temps of at least 200 degrees. They claim in will be gently heated by your child's skin and this will cause the succinic acid to be released- it won't. Then on to succinic acid- its used most commonly as a food acid or sweetener. The only reference I can find to pain relief is a mention on wiki about topical applications for rheumatism. There are no studies that I could find referencing it as an effective pain treatment. But even if it is an effective treatment (that medical science has largely ignored it seems) its kind of a moot point what with the heating issue.

I definitely agree they are pretty though.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (27-05-2012)