+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teething Necklaces has anyone used these?

Hi All

I had never heard of these until yesterday and discovered on ebay when looking for some other baby product. Has anyone ever used a teeth necklace. Supposedly the amber helps the pain of teething? i would have thought having a necklace on the child would cause a choking concern. Just wondering if anyone has tried and thinks they are of benefit. My first born cut his teeth we never knew it had happened. All 20 had cut but 16months. We have just discovered his adult molars have cut and he is only aged 4.5 now plus he has lost his bottoms and grown new ones. So teething happens early. So I am preparing for my daughter as I am thinking she may be the same but maybe somewhat more vocal as lets say she has a bit more spunk and we defiantly know she is in our house.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd has one has since 6 months. Love it! You need to make sure you get a genuine one as there are a few fakes out there. The one I have is knotted individually so if it breaks only one bead comes lose and it also has a clasp that will release under pressure. They say for safety reasons not to leave on while sleeping but my dd never touches hers and I'm confident to leave it on her, she's nearly 2 now. I wasn't convinced at first but when she's teething and I take it off I notice it, put it back on and she's good as gold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Havnt used them yet myself. Buy me SIL swears by them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one for my dd.... does nothing for us...
    I keep it on coz it looks cute but that's all

mummy to gods gift to us

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They saved my sanity. When my eldest was getting her first pre molars at around 15 months, she would scream and head butt the floor. Nurofen helped, but we were going through a lot of it. Someone suggested I try a necklace and all her problems stopped. No drooling, red cheeks, crying, head butting or nappy rash and we were able to stop pain medication. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. I thought that they were hippy crap.

As for choking, the beads are individually knotted so if the necklace breaks, beads do not fly everywhere but remain in place. There is just a break in the necklace. If you are worried about choking, you can pop the necklace around your childs ankle and cover it with a sock. My second child wore one from 4 months of age and we never even noticed teething, they just popped through without issue.

These days, my eldest is in primary school. She still wears an amber necklace. She says it stops her legs hurting at night in bed (growing pains). Other parents find they help with behaviour.

They don't work for everyone. Some people think they are the equivalent of snake oil, but I found them effective for us. They also helped the two children belonging to friends who I bought necklaces for. I think they are worth a try considering they aren't overly expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did with dd2 they helped reduce the amount of dribble and settled her a bit better. You really notice the different when you take them off for the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got one recently from a friend. The BeBe brand, that is genuine baltic amber (make sure of this), and has a built in breaking strain if the bub catches it on something. The beads are individually knotted, and it makes bubs look like a surfie! They also make anklets/bracelets. The friend who gave it to us swears by them, and says you can see the redness in her little boys cheeks fade within mins of putting it on him. I suggested to someone putting it around the ankle, and she said the closer it is to bub's teeth (head), the better the anti-inflam nature of it works. Another friend said it changed her little girl's reaction to teething, stopped all the volatile crying and you would have thought she had a different kid.

My partner sells crystal jewellry, and says amber is also good to protect little people in adventurous circumstances, like a lucky amulet against hurting yourself while you learn. It allows life changes to be less unsettling. It can be calming and peace-inducing, absorbs pain and neg energies, transmuting them into positive forces, allows body to rebalance itself, assists in wound healing, and is a natural anti-biotic. All of this helps with teething. Hope this helps you decide if it's right for your little one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (27-05-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Where can you get them from??

I like the sound of them but unsure where to get legit ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    selkie designs (online) are gorgeous and legit.

i have one and like pp, put it on my daughter purely because it looks gorgeous and is safe. as for teething, don't know anyone out of my 100+ mother's group that has said it works. i'm also a geologist though, and know that the theory behind it is really, well.....unbelievable. but in terms of placebo effect i say give it a try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    selkie designs (online) are gorgeous and legit.

i have one and like pp, put it on my daughter purely because it looks gorgeous and is safe. as for teething, don't know anyone out of my 100+ mother's group that has said it works. i'm also a geologist though, and know that the theory behind it is really, well.....unbelievable. but in terms of placebo effect i say give it a try!
    What is the theory behind it? We're pretty sure DD is getting her first teeth at the moment and nights are getting really tough. Poor thing seems really irritated and keeps rubbing her face, tugging her ears and grabbing her bottom gum. DH and I talked about amber beads yesterday but neither of us knew how they're supposed to help. Given your profession I'm guessing you think they're useless but times will get desperate if this goes on much longer!!!