+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Took me two and a half years! After the first year I think any baby gear hanging around would have upset me. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with PP, save money and wait till you conceive (ideally wait till the 12 week mark ). It took us 8 years to conceive and I would have been very upset at the constant reminder of the troubles we were having, plus it would have wasted anything with an expiration date

Even now at 20 weeks plus I still feel funny about buying things, some days I feel like I'm running out of time to do my shopping, most days I'm frightened of jinxing everything We started shopping anyway and I have started setting up the baby stuff we have, so I'm making progress

Thanks
    Reviews
    I waited till I got the all clear from my 12 weeks ultrasound. I shop weekly and throw an extra item in the trolley every week. Maternity pads, nappies, wipes, nappy bags, bath products, washing detergent, dishwasher tablets, toothpaste anything expensive. My only "rules" are that it must be on sale and I spend $10-$15.

With 10 weeks to go I have a heap of things and haven't missed the money at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lolz83 For This Useful Post:

aquarius24  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree to start saving instead of buying. When we started TTC I put away $300 a month from my pay into a seperate account - it took us 3.5 years to get pregnant so I built up quite a stash (bar a couple of withdrawals for ivf cycles) so we have been able to buy everything we need for baby without it impacting our usual spend plus I still have about $1500 left in there for nappies, clothes etc when our baby is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definately agree with the posts above! Saving is the best idea!!
    For us we fell preg straight away and got right into buying things each week from week 4. Unfortunately we had MC1 at 13 weeks and having baby things in our house was heartbreaking. Its a hard enough time to go through without having nappies around (even having them sit out of sight). I ended up getting my hubby to take any baby stuff we had to my sil house until 12 months later when we where in our safe period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for everyones feed back, the saving idea is fantastic Appreciate your ideas !!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm the only one who didn't start once I had one in the oven!

We're not even TTC yet {start on the 12th}, but already have most of what we need in a self storage box up in Melbourne.

Out of sight, out of mind, until we need it. And when we need it, we have almost everything apart from perishables, nappies and things like bottles and dummies.

However, I do recommend saving instead of doing what we did. We don't have to pay for our storage box, so it's a different scenario. No matter how long it takes us, we don't have to see our stuff lying unused around the house.

Perhaps buy a giftcard every week instead

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

aquarius24  (28-05-2012)