+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Need to find a cheap (but warm) Coat and Boots online

Im going to Melbourne in July/August and im from the NT (so warm weather)
    Im going to freeeeeze.

Does anyone have any websites where i can buy cheapish coats/jackets from.
    And one that sells Boots (pref knee high flats)

Thank you!

(ive tried buyinvite, ozsale, brandsexclusive, nextdirect, with no luck.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try www.rivers.com.au

They have cheap boots and jackets.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was just looking at Coats on the Myer website, the Miss shop ones are quite cheap, and they have boots too, and free delivery!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Indi, have you tried Ezibuy? If you join, they give you a 20 buck voucher. At the mo they have an under $40 sale on. Great lambswool clothes, reasonable prices, good returns policy, their clothes are really well made and fit nicely. Cheap delivery, too. Worth a look! Hope you find something warm...it's been minus 1 overnight here in Melb (Brrr!) so looking for a cheap jacket, I went to K-mart and managed to find a long (over the bum) black hoodie for $29. Doesn't look half bad on me, if I may say so myself!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for the boots, BuyInvite have (or had, yesterday) an Ugg sale with really cheap Uggs. What style of boots are you after?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried second hand shops like vinnies, salvos etc? Amazingly people seem to bring warm stuff up north then give it away to charity. And it's cheap because just looking at a huge overcoat in the heat makes you want to puke! I used to find stuff in Townsville.

If you have just one lot of warm clothes you could go straight to Kmart, Target or Big W. They have a totally different range down here and generally okay priced.

Also try layers - leggings under jeans, skivvies and long sleeved tshirts under jackets. Scarves are good and any sort of hat keeps your head warm.

Also I'd borrow boots if you can. They can be pricey.

Good luck and remember unless you are walking outside a lot you won't notice the cold as houses are heated.

Ps and thank your lucky stars it's not Canberra! It's %>^*€^< freezing here!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MinkyJ For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MinkyJ View Post
    Have you tried second hand shops like vinnies, salvos etc? Amazingly people seem to bring warm stuff up north then give it away to charity. And it's cheap because just looking at a huge overcoat in the heat makes you want to puke! I used to find stuff in Townsville.

If you have just one lot of warm clothes you could go straight to Kmart, Target or Big W. They have a totally different range down here and generally okay priced.

Also try layers - leggings under jeans, skivvies and long sleeved tshirts under jackets. Scarves are good and any sort of hat keeps your head warm.

Also I'd borrow boots if you can. They can be pricey.

Good luck and remember unless you are walking outside a lot you won't notice the cold as houses are heated.

Ps and thank your lucky stars it's not Canberra! It's %>^*€^< freezing here!
    I live really remote so there is no second hand (or firsthand) shops. So its all online. Im actually going to the snow so will be even colder than canberra But we have snow gear so its ok, and i dont want to wear snnow gear in the cbd . Im after boots anyway, not just for the trip. I have to buy some skivvies/long sleeve shirts too. Any ideas for cheap ones?

Thank you Baroness Ill have a look at that site. I saw the ugh boot sale and am buying a pair. I was after suede/leather knee high flat boots. I have a woolen target coat but the sleeves are too short and the holes are big so let in cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Indi, warm (they look it, anyway) boots for sale on buyinvite at the mo. Bought a pair of booties for my bub from them a few weeks ago, and they arrived much faster than the time they told me to expect delivery (it DID seem like a long delivery estimate). They always seem to have shoes for sale on there. Someone in here was looking for running shoes, and they have those at mo, too.Good luck finding something, BaronessM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    For cheap long sleeve tops perhaps try Cotton On. They have an online store.