+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a "no children" wedding, if someone had a baby under 2 they got a text saying bub was fine to come along. no one ended up bringing any children anyway, I did have a few at the wedding just not the reception.

I have said no to two weddings that said no children and I have asked if DD was okay (she was very small at the time) and they said no, but really, i couldn't leave my bfing 2 month at home. But it was cool, they understood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    right now? Nope. Though id call and clarify that because otherwise why invite us when we have a newborn. Id be a bit annoyed if it was a close friend or family member because I would want to go but couldnt because of a 2.5month old. Heck im taking her to a girls night next weekend! Lol

But from when jasper was 1 year we went to a few weddings without him. Whether he was invited or not tbh!

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 26-05-2012 at 20:04.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would, and have. Newborns/young babies were allowed though. It's understandable in some instances - at this event there were 300 guests and if everyone brought their kids it would have blown out to a much bigger reception and there would not have been enough room at the venue (not to mention cost-wise, with all of the kids meals).

The only time it bothered me was my brother-in-law who said we couldn't bring our son. The main issue was that it's very close family, which I think is almost always an acceptable exception. Secondly, he was a baby and the wedding was on the other side of the country. I'm not sure who they expected us to leave him with, or why they expected it at all. We asked them if we could still bring him, but they refused. We didn't go to that wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the couple should decide what they want and then the guests should just resect that. I have been to weddings where my ds was invited and some where he hasn't. I wasn't offended at all. Having said that I do think it's wierd when some couples ban all kids ,even close friends and family...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 20:29.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lolly137 For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends , if it was close family or we ha a young baby then no, I wouldn't go. I'd insist dh goes. But generally he won't go unless ido. But otherwise yes, I'd go if they weren't invited an I could leave them with il's or my parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I could find suitable care for her, yes. If I couldn't, no I wouldn't go and if they were upset with that, well that's their problem.

I'm pretty lucky though, my parents flew halfway across the country to look after her when we went to a reception a couple of months ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Probably not as we don't really have anyone to look after the kids.

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not until our kids were older. We were the exception last year in our best mate's wedding reception with dd3 the only child attending but then DH was best man, groom is like family, is known as uncle by our kids and he was best man at our wedding. We will also be the exception for SIL wedding in a few months with all our kids only kids at reception but we are family. Other SIL decided she wants to have her kids go home with a babysitter after photos etc (all bride's nieces and nephews are in the bridal party)Other than these kinds of exceptions I'm okay with kids (we didn't have kids at our wedding no family/friends had young kids) being excluded so long as the person whose event it is realises we may not both attend and doesn't get precious about our non attendanace.
    Last edited by TeamAwesome; 26-05-2012 at 21:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the situation, if it were a local wedding yes as we could have family or a friend babysit without too much dramas.

We have had 2 wedding invites with no children with travel involved. The first we declined because bub was barely a year old and we were going somewhere we didnt know anyone and we didnt feel comfortable leaving her with a complete stranger in a completely strange place. The second one we are attending, a) because hubby is a groomsmen and b) the brides mum has organised child minders that she has worked with in the past as a child carer herself so I feel comfortable she will be well looked after, plus she is older now and it will be in the hotel we will be at so easy to go to her if need be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast