+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We specified no children when we had our wedding. Those that mattered didn't mind and the one person who minded didn't matter... we were secretly relieved when she declined to come in a great big song/dance & huff.

Ours was a small wedding and my husband and I felt quite strongly about not having children there.

I have been to one wedding with my dd and that is only because she was invited and it was a daytime wedding starting at 9am. We left mid afternoon (she was about 15 months at the time) and I chose to go home with her while my husbad went onto the evening celebrations elsewhere.

I wouldn't dream of taking either of my kids to an evening wedding at their current ages (3 years and the other 5 months). I'm happy to stay at home with them while my husband goes.

If we had a regular babysitter (such as a grandparent) I'd consider leaving the kids at home with that person and going... but not at this stage because my bub will only drink milk from me not a bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    We're thinking of supplying a babysitter at the venue, or in the holiday house my parents will rent for the week. We are having a daytime reception that will conclude by 5pm, so I really don't think it's a big ask. Not any different to sending child to daycare for the day.

However, I would be totally fine with babies being there. My (still incubating) baby will be About 11 months and will attend...gran and all the younger teenaged aunts/uncles will keep an eye on him/her for me during the reception!
    Actually there is a big difference between daycare and a babysitter whom the parent doesn't know. I'd never leave my kids with someone I didn't know outside of a childcare centre.

To the person who said they got an invite saying no children or dogs wtf? I'd be offended by that as well.

I personally wouldn't go to a function that said no kids. I see us as a family unit, including my kids. TO tell me my kids can't go is like inviting me and telling me my husband can't go. Therefore, if one of us isn't invited then we simply don't go. I don't hold any grudges or anything against the people that choose not to have children at their wedding, they just need to understand that I choose not to go because my husband and I work during the week, I'm not going to palm my kids off on the days that we do have off so I can go to a Wedding/function.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would never have said no kids, but now that DD is older, totally. I would love an outing without her, isn't that terrible. Maybe I have to go get myself married.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

FindMyLunch  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have absolutely no problem with children not being invited to weddings and specified no children at our wedding. Nobody had a problem with it.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Even if the kids were invited, I'd leave them at home.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I don't believe weddings are a place for children. We aren't having children at ours apart from our own unless somebody has a newborn they need to bring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny that.... In my family the invite usually says if you don't bring yavkids ya can't come lol!!!

In saying this if I was invited to a wedding but asked not to bring my babies then I wouldn't be offended if I could get a babysitter all would be good if not I wouldnt go.
    Last edited by nelle7250; 26-05-2012 at 17:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stated that kids were welcome at our ceremony at mum's property which was followed by afternoon tea.

We did not allow children at the reception (drinks/nibbles and dinner).

We paid for 2 qualified child carers who work with my sister to look after my DD and her cousins. Most people also had accommodation at the reception venue so people could arrange a babysitter to stay if they brought them.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately as someone with no babysitters available, I've had to decline a wedding not too long ago because they said 'no kids'. DH was still going to go, so that at least ONE of us could attend.

We got the "If one of you isn't going to bother coming, don't bother either one showing up" song and dance. We didn't have a choice in the matter so I was really angry about it (it was all coming from the wife to be mind you, who's a real... *cough* anyway) because it was made to look like we were just being lazy and couldn't be bothered to make the effort to go.

The whole friendship broke down because of it. Previous to that we'd been considering asking said friend to be our DS's godfather because we were so close and our DS loved him so much. After that, I was a bit heartbroken that he refused to have DS at the ceremony.
    I mean really, who says no to their godson (he knew that we'd made plans to ask him) coming to just the ceremony (not reception) to see him get married? He was old enough to understand that he needed to be quiet so I was very sad that it all fell apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had no kids at our wedding. It was in my parents backyard with an inground swimming pool and all the gates were open for access to loo's etc.

As PP have said if I couldn't get a babysitter I wouldn't go if no kids were allowed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast