+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey thanks for thinking of me Kazza
    I have an appointment with my GP but couldnt get in to see her until Monday. I know it will be a week since I found the lump but it was the best I could do (DH is a shift worker and I work too). I am taking the day off work to go. It is still there and my DH could feel it last night - he couldnt feel it the other days. Will let u know how I get on

2. The Following User Says Thank You to L.j For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by L.j View Post
    Hi all
    Last night I found a lump in my right breast. I can feel it when I hold my arm up straight. Its actually on the very outside of my breast (towards my underarm) and is hard and the size of a small pea. My DH said that he thought he read somewhere that if you find a lump you should wait a week before going to the GP as it could be hormonal or some other non urgent reason and may disappear on its own.
    Has anyone else heard this? What would you do? Go to GP now or wait??

Hi i couldnt help but not reply and offer some reassurance as i found a lump in what sounds like the same sopt as you.
    I went to gp asap as breast cancer runs on my mother's side. He did a full breast exam and felt the lump. He said it was mobile and very unlikley cancerous. He also said as i just ended breastfeeding my breasts were very fiborous and dense which he said they can be very prone to benine cycts.
    Anyways, i got a referal for an ultrasound a couple days later.
    They found 5 cycts. Nothing to be concerned about in my case. They had no shaddowing, i just have to keep feeling that they dont change in size or position. They may or may not eventually go away.

I hope in your case you have nothing too concerning, i just wanted to let you know it's not always the worst case. But it is very important you see a GP straight away about these things. Personally, i felt sick about the thought of the lump and couldnt put off seeing my gp for even 24hrs. I just kept thinking the worst.

All the best and good health to you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunkamunka For This Useful Post:

L.j  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always best to get things checked out. 1 year after ds was born I was having a feel and could feel a 'lump'. Frantically raced to the dr first thing Monday in a panic and turned out it was my rib I had been poking and prodding at all weekend! How embareasing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to katezane For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    Always best to get things checked out. 1 year after ds was born I was having a feel and could feel a 'lump'. Frantically raced to the dr first thing Monday in a panic and turned out it was my rib I had been poking and prodding at all weekend! How embareasing
    LOL!! I have done that before too - luckily I realised what it was before I made an appointment. So easy to think though. I finished breast feeding about 5 months ago so I am hoping it just has something to do with that. It sounds like alot of the other girls have had similar experiences. Just hanging out till Monday now.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have finally seen my GP. She thinks my lump is a breast tissue gland. I have a referal for an U/S and have made that appointment for friday this week. Glad she thinks it is nothing to worry about and will know for sure on Friday. Thanks for all your advise everyone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to L.j For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-06-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never wait. Go now and then go again in a week if it is still there. Then it is documented twice and any changes the doctor notices in that time are noted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi L.J.

Just wondering what the outcome of your lump was?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Myowneden,
    Thanks for asking - its been a while since this was all happening.
    My GP sent me for an ultrasound and it all turned out ok.
    The lump I was feeling was a small gland and there were others there too that I couldnt feel but the u/s showed up. Felt so much better once I knew

13. The Following User Says Thank You to L.j For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (27-09-2012)