+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post
    TBH your husband is right. You can find them at different stages of your cycle due to changes in the breast tissue around when your period is due. I freaked out a few months ago thinking i had something serious because i found a small pea sized lump a couple of days before AF was due, it went away on it's own. I spoke to my GP about it and she said to wait a couple of days and if it's still there or has changed at all to go and see them straight away.

If your worried go to your gp and get it checked, don't ignore it what ever you do.
    My cycles are very irregular. I think my period is due next week (the middle to the end). So maybe it is hormonal?? Good advise your GP gave u. Ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by L.j View Post
    My cycles are very irregular. I think my period is due next week (the middle to the end). So maybe it is hormonal?? Good advise your GP gave u. Ta
    Don't forget about it though. It doesn't do any harm to get it checked out in a few days if it's still there. I hope it's nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by L.j View Post
    Hi all
    Last night I found a lump in my right breast. I can feel it when I hold my arm up straight. Its actually on the very outside of my breast (towards my underarm) and is hard and the size of a small pea. My DH said that he thought he read somewhere that if you find a lump you should wait a week before going to the GP as it could be hormonal or some other non urgent reason and may disappear on its own.
    Has anyone else heard this? What would you do? Go to GP now or wait??
    We all have alot of glands in our body. Main ones are near our underarms. When we are coming down with something they can swell like the ones under our neck and on our groin.

I would go get it checked on Monday but keep in mind there are other minor things it can be than the big C

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    We all have alot of glands in our body. Main ones are near our underarms. When we are coming down with something they can swell like the ones under our neck and on our groin.

I would go get it checked on Monday but keep in mind there are other minor things it can be than the big C

Good luck
    Oh, that is so right. My gp was talking about this the other day. Saying how you can have a minor infection and the glands can swell. like, you could have an ingrown hair on your head and get a bump on your neck from the gland being swollen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought of a gland as i have had them under my chin before when fighting an infection/virus. This feels a little different and at the moment I am feeling really well. Will still get it checked out next week though. Like u all said. Just for peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lj, I have a lump I worried about, and as I was bf'ing at the time, everone told me it was just a milk lump. It wasn't, it was a piece of prominent breast tissue, didn't show up on U/s and I've been told to get it re-checked when fin bf'ing.

Yours could be a gland, a milk duct playing up after the fact (unusual, but I'm sure it could happen) , or hormonal changes indeed. No point worrying (stressing your body and making anything physical worse), but do get it checked if it doesn't go down by Monday. Yes, always on a weekend! If the doctor thinks it's fine, you can still push for a scan if you are concerned. Took me 2 visits to a GP to get a U/s referral, and I got belittled by the U/s operator for bothering to have it scanned, but she wasn't a doc, nor was she me, and I was worried! So please don't worry, but don't be complacent, either. Good luck, hope it turns out to be a hormonal lump.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

L.j  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a lump on my breast. Went to gp then ultrasound. I was told to go to ultrasound after period had finished.

Mine was hard almost round and movable. Nearly most of the time it is a cyst which is harmless and does not turn into cancer

Anyway i went and ended up showing 7 cysts in each breast!

They are more common in women in thirties onwards.

I had the choice to have it syringed if it was bothering me, but i chose to leave it.

Anyway i would definently go and get it looked at just incase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 years ao i found 2 lumps - one in both breasts. I went to see my GP straight away and was sent for an ultrasound. Everything turned out fine but I was worried sick. I think anything like that warrants a trip to the GP.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

L.j  (26-05-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I say go get it checked out ASAP. I found a lump and went to get it checked out - it was all clear but better safe then sorry. Dr was lovely and instantly sent me for an US- all done and dusted in one day.

Better to have peace of mind I think, plus if it is something the sooner you know the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Were you able to see gp yet? Let me know how you go. Hugs