+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    And.. your point is..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Someone said if we can tolerate a person taking loudly next door, having a party etc etc then we can tolerate people smoking. I disagree. I can tolerate mostly anything but I won't just tolerate someone putting my health at risk because they want to feed their addiction. Second hand smoke is disgusting and harmful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Someone said if we can tolerate a person taking loudly next door, having a party etc etc then we can tolerate people smoking. I disagree. I can tolerate mostly anything but I won't just tolerate someone putting my health at risk because they want to feed their addiction. Second hand smoke is disgusting and harmful.
    Oh right I get that in context.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Due to the close nature of community title living, I think it should be banned on balconies to protect the health of others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=katezane;6587269

While we are at it why don't we ban bbq's on balconies (I hate the smell). Hanging washing in balconies (looks messy). Going out on the balcony altogether (it's too noisy for people who don't have kids).

Seriously![/QUOTE]

actually hanging washing on balconies is already prohibited in strata units in NSW

Banning Smoking inside can be a special condition of the lease and we ask
    In our applications are tenants smokers, some landlords care, some don't but as a maintenance issue we recommend they don't allow smokers inside as smell is very hard to get out and I've seen many cigarette burns in carpets before , the tenants complaining about balcony smoke are mainly people with kids so I can understand that
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 26-05-2012 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    actually hanging washing is already prohibited in strata units in nsw!
    Indeed. A lot of body corporate bylaws in Queensland limit hanging washing on visible balconies, and are quite restrictive in other ways.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    washing, BBQ's and noise wont hurt my health.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (26-05-2012),Guest1234  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is NO safe level of passive smoking. Smoking should be banned everywhere that it could affect someone without their consent(i am a smoker too)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bressar For This Useful Post:

share a book  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would love a smoking ban in our complex of 95 apartments- I swear there's a smoke magnet that draws it all in our direction!
    We never open our windows because I don't want my kids breathing in second hand smoke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Another one of these threads Yes lets keep taking smoker's money in taxes that would way outweigh any medical treatment they could ever require, but take all their rights away. Bc really, smokers are 2nd class citizens that are constantly discriminated against. That's ok though. The habit is gross

Let's ban parties, they are no good for health as they keep you awake all night. Studies also show children that see regular alcohol consumption are more likely to develop drinking problems themselves. BBQ's might make vegetarians sick. In fact no alcohol should be consumed in your home full stop. Millions of studies show the link between drinking, DV, cancer, child abuse, accidents. No more singing. Hearing Adele gives me a headache. No children in the backyard, they are noisy, see first point. No watching movies, again... noisy... shift workers anyone? they could have an accident on the way to work from tiredness. No having an argument.... ever. That could damage my child's mental health. No animals... may carry germs like worms which may make us sick.

No offense meant to anyone here, but I find it weird people complain about a little waft of smoke yet live in the city lol you all realise living in an environment with 2 million cars, trains, trams etc would be far more damaging right? that's not a dig at city people, but really, pollution levels are pretty high and bad for your health.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-05-2012),GuestMember  (26-05-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (26-05-2012),jacobsmamma  (26-05-2012),katezane  (26-05-2012),Liddybugs  (26-05-2012),Opinionated  (26-05-2012),Penny88  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    washing, BBQ's and noise wont hurt my health.
    If you understood how much more carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide was toxic to our health than cigarettes you would never step foot into a carpark with your kids again. Smoking on balconies is the least of our problems. BBQs will harm your health they produce toxic fumes that are a huge cause of cancer and other illnesses.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to katezane For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (26-05-2012)