+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I'd ban smoking from the whole country if I could.. It's disgusting and invades my right of fresh air.

Hey, you asked! Lol

***Sent from my phone***
    Yes! This. So yes to OP.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    If you live in a body corporate (I do) there are rules even within your own property that should allow everyone to live 'peacefully' without impacting anyone else. So yep... A smoker on a balcony affects the neighbours so it should be banned. I would vote a big yes if our body corporate put it through for vote!
    Haha! I have *never* lived in an apartment block where everyone lives peacefully without impacting someone else. She says as she listens to the 4 hour piano practice upstairs, still tired from listening to some other neighbours shout across the whole apartment to each other last night after midnight, and listening to their shuddering and squealing pipes as they have a shower again after midnight every single night. Some else was smoking down in the car port area and got ash all over and put burn marks in DS's pusher. You can't ban everything, some things you just have to tolerate. If the neighbours upstairs work really late and dont get home till midnight of course they're entitled to have a shower when they get home, just as the woman 2 doors down is entitled to sit out on her own balcony and enjoy a smoke and a drink.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would LOVE a smoking ban! Our old place (apartment) was shocking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    FL. I agree with your points. I haven't lived in a place where the likes of those things happen. If I have had a problem with noisy neighbours etc. I either call the onsite manager or write to the body corporate.
    I abide by rules so what I do doesn't impact others and I just expect others to do the same. I guess it's common courtesy hey? Certain things are easily avoidable though... Showers/crying babies/shift workers etc are all unavoidable.
    But noise of parties and smoking outside are avoidable.
    Especially worse when neighbours on right on top of each other.
    Well just my thoughts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I will never tolerate another person putting mine and my children's health at risk.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    If you live in a body corporate (I do) there are rules even within your own property that should allow everyone to live 'peacefully' without impacting anyone else. So yep... A smoker on a balcony affects the neighbours so it should be banned. I would vote a big yes if our body corporate put it through for vote!
    I lived in a multi owned flat, my neighbours talked to loudly and I could here every single word they we're saying, often I struggled to fall asleep as they we're talking to loudly and impacting on my ability to live 'peacefully'

Should we ban talking while we are at it?

What about loud cars? Can we ban them too? Or people who sware can't rent their either after all I don't want to hear others swearing

Get my point?

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the government was to bring in rehabilitation centers like drug addicts get and a blanket wide smoking ban (making it illegal) then I would support this but if someone is doing something LEGAL in their own residence then no I dont support it.

The government will NEVER make smoking illegal, nor offer rehab centers they make billions of peoples legal addiction

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (26-05-2012),bumMum  (26-05-2012),jacobsmamma  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your property you should be able to do what you want with it. There are worse Things in the world than people smoking on Their OWN balconies. For goodness sakes grow up Australia.

While we are at it why don't we ban bbq's on balconies (I hate the smell). Hanging washing in balconies (looks messy). Going out on the balcony altogether (it's too noisy for people who don't have kids).

Seriously!
    Last edited by katezane; 26-05-2012 at 14:58.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katezane For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (26-05-2012),Mummato4  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nemmi... I think it's common courtesy. I've had neighbours who talk loudly on mobile phones right outside my place. It's annoying... I'm not banning that. But if they do it late at night I would complain to body corporate. Though I might quietly ask them first to be more considerate.
    I guess smoking is a different thing in that it can affect your health. Especially if you have respiratory problems.
    The other things you said, like loud cars are just common courtesy to your neighbours. If its late, drive slowly and don't idle your car outside someone's place. Just putting others before yourself. That's all.
    Anyway... It's getting a bit off topic now. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I will never tolerate another person putting mine and my children's health at risk.
    And.. your point is..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (26-05-2012)