+ Reply to Thread
    b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default not feeling confident with my first u/s

hi ladys

this is my first fresh ivf cycle and i have been on 150 gonal-f once a day and on day 7 my e2 was 1700 ,nurse said this is good for day 7 ,then i had my first u/s yesterday (day10) she said i have heaps of little follies but 8 follies are measuring between 10-12 the rest are between 6-8 i have to keep stimming for another 2 days and go back for another u/s on monday i am so worried my 8 follies wont make it to 18+ in 2 days i feel like i have failed myself and everyone else.
    i thought about accupreasure but i dont do well with needles and i tense up to much and i cant get a appt this weekend

i have been using a hot water bottle to keep my uterus warm and tons of water and milk not sure if this will make a diffrance but worth a shot

has anyone been though this and still made it to epu with good numbers ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi b4 us

When I had my first scan I only had 5 follicles at day 7. They upped my puregon iu and I went back for another day 9 and had 10 follicles but only 3 were close to the right size. Went back another 2 days later and had 11 with 6 at the right size. They went ahead with EPU and managed to get 11 eggs of which 8 were ok to use so it ended up being ok in the end.

Just pray and keep ur fingers crossed Your fs will guide u if they are worried.

GL

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS said they can do EPU anywhere between day 12 and 17 depending on how big your eggs are, so you have plenty of time to grow bigger eggies. They may up your gonal f dose. Don't worry, although that's easier said than done. My oestrogen was low to begin with but I'm now pregnant with our first round so early is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a scan on Thursday this week - 8 follies measuring about 10mm, which is about normal for me at that stage. I am back for a scan on Monday and fs feels that they will then be measuring about 18mm, and might possibly trigger on Tuesday or wednesday next week.
    I would think that you are progressing pretty well at this stage, the next scan will be to see how you are going and they will probably let you stim a couple of days after that before triggering for epu.
    Good luck with your cycle and fingers crossed you are lucky and get your bfp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 of my small ones were 10mm then 2 days later BOTH had viable mature eggs in them- both of them fertilised. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They grow 2mm a day, it doesn't take long for them to catch up.

My best cycle I stimmed for 12 days Some take longer, slow and steady is a good place to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    B4us- you are a very lucky lady looks like you'll have a nest full. Please don't get fixated on numbers, it's quality you want. 'And it only takes one'...you'll hear that saying a lot during your journey.
    I have always taken the highest gonal 600 a day, last cycle I only got 2 eggs, BFN. The cycle that I conceived back 2010 I again did same gonal got 3 eggs 2 fertilized and transfered, one took... So quantity would be nice but quality is the key. Good luck x