+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Best - was a country wedding between a local farmer and a teacher. I went to as a 12yo? Ceremony in a church, then the reception in the town hall that all the residents of the small town catered for. There were hay bales for everyone to sit on, 2 toy pigs dressed as a Bride & Groom (the bride loved pigs), great music. The atmosphere was very fun and went late into the night. Next morning, breakfast was at the Groom's family farm using produce from the farm.

Worst - was a wedding of DH's family friends. Vows were VERY traditional, and long. The reception was the same, long, boring, in the same room as the vows were done. No music or alcohol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really surprised by the amount of people who think no alcohol makes a bad wedding!!

I've been to a couple and they were great. Good people to talk to, lovely speeches, no fighting...

We had a bar tab, but I wouldn't say that it was essential to have a good night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best - my own! Great food, company and venue

Worst - a friend from work. Same day as the football grand final so the tv was only turned off as the bride walked in, there wasn't enough wine on the table to go round, the groom was drunk and forgot the dance steps they had practiced for months and a fire alarm went off in the middle of the reception and fire fighters burst in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    I'm really surprised by the amount of people who think no alcohol makes a bad wedding!!

I've been to a couple and they were great. Good people to talk to, lovely speeches, no fighting...

We had a bar tab, but I wouldn't say that it was essential to have a good night.
    The majority of weddings we go to are 'dry', we have a great time. I think if the food and music are good, not much else matters.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (27-05-2012),Justwant2beamummy  (27-05-2012),LoveLivesHere  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Best - destination wedding in Fiji , very relaxed and fun
    Worst - most of them! I hate weddings I find them boring!

Ditto!! I'm not keen on them either.
    Recently went to one where it was in a remote area, cost us $190.00 just to stay one night. They hardly served you any food, no shops to buy from either. The drinks where very basic, and hardly anything else in the bar that you could buy.
    We where asked to give money for their honey moon, where they drank and ate in all the best restaurants.
    If you have a wedding in a remote area, you need to feed people, even if its just hot chips.

Thats the end of my rant!!
    Last edited by eggs; 27-05-2012 at 16:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've never been to a wedding

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have only been to four weddings, but they were all amazing in their own way

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst was mine. MIL is a florist and did my flowers. They were half dead.... SIL brought two of her kids, in trackies and no shoes without their hair brushed. She was so stoned she wailed loudly throughout the ceremony and then got drunk and proceeded to walk into a glass wall, break her nose and knock out two teeth. Then my aunty kicked up a stink because she left a bag behind at the ceremony location and screamed and carried on, not allowing our reception to start until a heap of people went back to find it.

Best was my sisters. Was stunning food, awesome music, beautiful location and attention to detail was amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only been to two weddings... Mine and my cousins
    Best: my cousins! A big Italian affair where no expense was spared, great atmosphere and the food just kept coming!!!
    Worst: mine....
    I had a huge fight (relationship ending) with my mother 3 months before my wedding.... She cancelled my flowers and stole the stuff I had for the centre pieces, lucky I decided to check the flowers a few weeks before and was able to find a new florist but I didn't realise about the centre pieces until the day before thank god Ikea was open late!
    On the day I turned up late as is tradition only to find 4 cars in the car park, had a panic attack in the bridal car and our celebrant told us to go park a few blocks away and wait another 10 mins, came back but were told we had to wait because DHs god parents weren't there yet, started ceremony 35 mins late without them because we were losing light.
    Caterers rocked up in the middle of outdoor photos (not their fault we were running late) but they were 2 young Asian girls dressed in short tight blue skirts and sneakers instead of long black pants and dress shoes.
    The catering package I paid for was not the one that was served but because of the language barrier (one spoke no English, the other very little) I couldn't get an answer as to why.
    We had a juke box instead of a band and DHs feral cousins kept changing songs half way through a song so people stopped dancing. I ended up shutting the while thing down at 9pm because I was so over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    the best wedding? mine

I can't say that I have been to a bad wedding yet. I would imagine though, that a bad one would be one that is not personal at all and everything is put together in a really tacky or tasteless way.