+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh wait no the WORST was a JW wedding.

It went fooooorrrrever! Was horrible and boring then there was NO booze at the reception to ease my pain!!!! Arghhh worst ever! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine. Disorganised. Stinking hot. Air conditioner broke. Not enough food/alcohol. Speeches cr@p. Groom drunk. Bride a wreck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best was probably my own lol. So relaxed, nothing fancy. Just us, our kids, our friends and family so about 25 people. Went to a buffet after, stuff ourselves and seriously had the best nights sleep ever that night - and not a result of too much hanky panky. There was no stress, I loved it.

Worse was someone I used to work with who had it in a huge hall in middle of Qld summer with no air con, no windows just two big double doors down the end. Their cake literally melted into a mess and the father of the groom punched out the brides uncle over beer. It was awful. I swore I'd never get married after seeing that lol. (obviously changed my mind)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best was my cousin and his wife, it was just a lot of fun, at the Hilton in Brisbane, I don't drink but this night I just let my hair down and had fun

Worst was my other cousin, I was 18weeks pregnant, miserable, there was NOTHING I could eat, all drinks had to be paid for, which would have been fine - if we were told in advance, there were bugs on the food, and about 20 seats for 50+ people. Because I didn't look super pregnant I had to get into an argument for a seat for myself and my grandfather who's on oxygen 24/7. Actually sticks out as one of the worst nights out in my entire life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Worst, frozen food being served, a fathers advice in his speech being to keep her mouth shut and her legs open, a harbour cruise wedding with drunken bridesmaids who flashed the guests and one who vomited on the bride... Ugh.
    Something about boats - things seem to get really ugly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Something about boats - things seem to get really ugly.
    it seems like such a lovely wedding idea, but then it ended up being an amazingly expensive **** up/strip show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Best was one of my close friends & I was bridesmaid. She had the reception back at her place (but it was done stylishly) and it was just so much fun!

Worst was a wedding where they had the reception in their backyard and it was really tacky (it was one of DH's former work colleagues). Some of their guests were really rough and there was just no effort put into anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best, mine! We had stacks of family and friends and asked everyone to send us their song requests with their rsvps. Loaded up the iPod and best arvo ever... (we're NoT night owls...) Buffett catered for every one from GF/df, vegans and the country family who need lots of meat!!! Plus we had a mixed cupcake tower which also catered to almost everyone's tastes and dietary requirements. The bar tab ran out 5mins before the last guest left almost 30mins after we did!!!
    Everyone had an awesome time!!

Worst - my cousins, the bride kicked the groom's sisters out of the wedding party the week before, one of my ex-aunts broke down at the reception because she was leaving my uncle... And the food was bad... Sit down alternate drop meals which taste like cardboard... Yup, was a Really fun time not....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My partner has been to a few dry weddings of his seventh day adventist extended family. That would be my worst nightmare at a wedding, lol.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BEST - close friends wedding at a beautiful winery, really relaxed, lots of good food, wine and music.

WORST - an old friend I hadn't seen for yrs and barely knew her partner. Total bogan affair and once I arrived the person meant to be doing the ceremony reading was running late so I had to do it?!?! The whole thing was just awful. And my sisters wedding - too bad to even explain