+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Worst was a friend's in a reception centre. The walls were salmon pink. It was sit down (I much prefer cocktail) and the band was 2 guys on guitar. No one danced, there was no party atmosphere and the ceremony itself was a full Catholic mass so it went for over an hour.

Best would be a toss up between ours or DHs best mate. Both quick ceremonies, cocktail reception and a heap of fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love all weddings and could not fault any....... However......there was one I could not forget.

It was as someone's date and of course I always save my tummy all day for weddings. (yum) Got there to find it was standing and it was such a small room I felt so hot and dizzy. There was no food but an odd party pie if you were lucky to catch one. I spent the 6 or seven hours trying to not faint and have never been so hungry before. I don't eat meat but I think I snorted a party pie I can't remember but still 1 party pie standing for 6 hours in a hot room with no water just cheap champagne = not a good day! Especially when trying not to faint in front of new guy!

I have no drama with standing cocktail weddings just this one was hard to get through! Especially not knowing anyone either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't really have a worst just a couple that were a bit boring.

BEST - two of my closest friends whom I introduced one of which is also my cousin, had there reception at an upmarket rural pub with a huge garden/lawn area. It was a morning wedding at a historic homestead across from pub so the reception was at lunch and they hadca gourmet BBQ was some of the best wedding food I've ever had. All the kids were invited in our family there are lots!!!
    It was a beautiful day and they got some great candid pictures. FABULOUS day I would do something similar if I ever got married.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Best - destination wedding in Fiji , very relaxed and fun
    Worst - most of them! I hate weddings I find them boring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best. My mums. It was really classy, but laid back. They had it in her backyard (features in Garden/Home magazines) with waiters bringing delicious finger food and drinks around. For the reception they brought out wooden tables and pews and had the most delicious buffet. It was so informal, but a lot of it felt quite high end still.

Worst, frozen food being served, a fathers advice in his speech being to keep her mouth shut and her legs open, a harbour cruise wedding with drunken bridesmaids who flashed the guests and one who vomited on the bride... Ugh.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Best was DHs cousins wedding. His uncle is well off, and it was all the trimmings for 300 people. The best bit (apart from the ice sculptures!) was a 'face changer' who performed. it was amazing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bian_lian

Worst would be a tie between my aunty (I was a flower girl but was coming down with chicken pox at the ceremony, and ended up hospitalised the next day) and my sisters (We had come from tropical south east Asia and assumed that October in Australia would be warm, however it SNOWED through her ceremony and we froze! Good old Tassie!)

Guest Guest
    The most boring was my friends a few years ago. Big reception but hardly no dancing and the band was crap. And we didn't know anyone so it was just boring (for us) food was good though.
    The best was probably my other good friend, they had about 400people and I knew heaps from my old dance group. Needless to say we were on the dance floor all night. I've been to heaps and heaps of weddings though but those 2 stand out in my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best- my friends medi evil wedding 2 years ago. While they were getting their photos taken they organised games and food/drinks for everyone to keep us entertained in the 3hours between the ceremony and reception. Then the reception was set up in the theme of the ceremony and was fun.

Worst- unfortunately it was probably my own last year My sisters (bridesmaids) were selfish cows and it was all about them, my mum forgot the rings, 1 guest let her kids run riot through the reception and almost knocked over our cake, another guest yelled at my dad in his speech being a b!tch to him, another got so drunk they scared all the kids and finally, if that wasn't enough, we had a domestic outside the hall when one of DH's cousins was fighting with his gf, oh and my BIL kept taking DH to a pub to get him sh!tfaced drunk. yea, fun for me as a non-drinker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best - a good friend who had it at the conservatory which was beautiful. There was no walking down the aisle, no being given away, the bride and groom greeted everyone as they arrived and then stood on a little bridge thingy with all their closest friends and family to have the shortest ceremony ever. They then had pizza and beer and everyone had a great time.

Worst - Mormon wedding when I was with DD's dad, he was one of 7 groomsmen and it was dreadful. Guests who aren't mormon's don't see the actual ceremony (which was good as I wouldn't have wanted to see it anyway), but they had a "ring ceremony" for everyone else which included a speech by the brides uncle about how a family with a married mum and a dad is the most important thing of all. The reception was in the church hall, everyone had brought a plate and of course they don't allow alcohol, it was seriously like a year 10 formal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Best- Mine! Haha seriously though it was!!!

Worst- A couple who go married in a park (rained, was freezing)

Then the reception was a pay your way buffet but being vegan meant I couldn't eat anything but still had to pay $55 for it.

Also there was 3 hours to kill before the reception started and it was horrible, we lived too far away to just go home and we were all dressed up, my feet were killings from the heels and it just sucked.

Honestly I could go on and on. It was very boring and Unromantic.

They ended up divorcing less then a year later.