+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default SPIN OFF . What is the best and worst wedding you have ever been too?

Best. I was pregnant with my ds and my mums bestie ,she is 15 years younger than mum, got married for the second time. The wedding was in a park, the bridesmaids were barefoot and it was just so simple and lovely. The reception was great ,the meal was buffet and you could just choose what you wanted. Lovely and relaxed. Loved it.

Worst. My sisters. Had to pay for bridesmaids dress,makeup, hair,it was going to be provided but it wasn't. I accidentally left ring in the limo after getting a bouquet from the floor that another bridesmaid had dropped. My sister hated me,her friends were rude. Yuck, couldn't wait for it to end.

Yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best was a friends I went to while pregnant with DD. The speeches, the venue, the bridal party were all just amazing.

Worst was my brothers. It was the last time I spoke to him and last time I saw my niece.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have only ever been to one wedding. They got divorced shortly after eek. It was the early 90s and everyone had puffy sleeves.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best was last month, it was an amazing, intimate wedding. The groom is like an uncle to me and I have known him my whole life, noone ever imagined he would get married! 40years on, only a few casual flings within the time I have known him and he met the most amazing woman, i'm so glad I was able to be there on their day, it was lovely watching two people so in love with each other give away their hearts to each other.

Worst was a couple of years ago, I was a bridesmaid and pretty much anything that could go wrong, went wrong. It really wasn't enjoyable at all and considering this girl was a pretty close friend I wish I got to enjoy their day, but it felt like I was on "duty" and being rushed around a millin places making sure everything was perfect, non of which she apprectiated and we are no longer friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best was my sister's. Knew most of the crowd and had heaps of fun.

Worst was one of my friends. I only knew one other person, but the thing that made it bad was the awful, awkward speeches (the brides family and grooms family weren't exactly getting along like a house on fire and the best man just didn't have a clue about what was appropriate) the reception was incredibly boring...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been to so many weddings I couldn't pick a best - there were good bit of each. I have loved those with a really relaxed atmosphere that haven't felt the need to 'tick all the boxes', and good food and dancing make it for me.

The worst was one where the groom got in a fight and screamed the c-bomb while running across the room with a chair over his head. Needless to say the bar was instantly closed and the wedding ended pretty quickly. I felt very sorry for the bride!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post
    I have been to so many weddings I couldn't pick a best - there were good bit of each. I have loved those with a really relaxed atmosphere that haven't felt the need to 'tick all the boxes', and good food and dancing make it for me.

The worst was one where the groom got in a fight and screamed the c-bomb while running across the room with a chair over his head. Needless to say the bar was instantly closed and the wedding ended pretty quickly. I felt very sorry for the bride!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Best, other than mine, was a friends wedding - married in an elevated field on her grandparents farm, it had a 50's theme, we all sat on hay bales and kept warm around a bonfire, ate beautiful food, the groom gave a commitment gift to the brides daughter swearing to look after her *sob sob*, great speaches, fab music (all the songs that my friend used to make me go and request in clubs, like Walk Like a Camel and she had them play Tainted Love, just for me).
    Worst- a wedding DH took me to when we were just going out, the organist didn't show so there was no music at the church, the father of the bride spoke about how proud he was of their daughter, the brides sister, not the bride , all in all I just wasn't feeling the love. And I found out half way through that DH had to pay for my meal because they didn't know me (fair enough, weddings are expensive) but it did make me feel fairly unwelcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post

Wow. That is awful!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Worst. I went as my sisters date to her uni friends wedding they are bretheren and had the most longest, boring ceremony with heaps of singing and praying and the reception was no drinking and even though there was music on we wernt allowed to dance!! They were such stuck up people!

Best. My sisters, few hiccups but so much fun!! Dancing and everyone having so much fun, funny speeches and after party. Loved it!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub