+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh wow - I must be the worst bride in the world lol.

Considering my two bridesmaids paid for their own dresses, hair and make up. They wore shoes that they already owned and their jewellery was their Thankyou gift.

They were consulted on the dress as I didn't want them wearing something they were uncomfortable in and seeing as they were paying for it I wanted it to be something they'd wear again. The dresses cost $230 each and I know that each of them has worn the dress at least once since the wedding. I've even borrowed one of them for an executive work dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    Oh wow - I must be the worst bride in the world lol.

Considering my two bridesmaids paid for their own dresses, hair and make up. They wore shoes that they already owned and their jewellery was their Thankyou gift.

They were consulted on the dress as I didn't want them wearing something they were uncomfortable in and seeing as they were paying for it I wanted it to be something they'd wear again. The dresses cost $230 each and I know that each of them has worn the dress at least once since the wedding. I've even borrowed one of them for an executive work dinner.
    I don't think that's bad. I think those who are upset about the money they had to spend are probably more upset about the fact that they weren't consulted about their budget or the bride wasn't upfront about what they would need to pay for. I think it's inconsiderate for a bride not to consider the bridesmaids budgets and tastes if they are asking them to pay, but it sounds like yours liked what you decided on!

My bridesmaids got their jewelry as their thank you gift too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughters are my bridesmaids so they'll do what they're told LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    Made to leave my exclusively bf 3 month old for 12 hours because 'kids weren't allowed at the wedding.
    Made to host a kitchen tea at my house when I had a 2 month old.
    Made to go to the Hen's night when my baby was 2 1/2 months old.
    Made to take my 2 1/2 month old baby out to her place when her husband to be was on his buck's night and sit with her until she wanted to go to bed because she didn't want to be alone and she couldn't come to my house because she didn't want to go home alone...instead I went home alone with an over tired newborn.
    Made to buy my dress - $350 and shoes $70...never wore them again.
    Our thank you gift was our jewellery for the day, which wasn't to my taste at all...hardly a present, it was a 'this is the one thing I'll be bothered paying for on the day and then I'll fob it off to you as your thank you present' kind of present.
    We had to pay for our hair and make-up and despite having a newborn the night before the wedding, the bridesmaids and brides stayed at my house. We had to pay for dress alterations too.
    Oh and then to top it all off, after spending that much on being in the bridal party, having to leave my newborn for 12 hours, and putting $100 towards to their present when it came my turn (no bridal party for me) her and her DH gave us $40. Now I know money doesn't mean everything but her wedding cost me close to $1 000 and all she could manage was $40. She didn't even need to buy a new dress to come to my wedding.

Extremely selfish bride, extremely selfish person actually and I'm so glad we are no longer friends.

I will never be a bridesmaid again...I'm not that in to weddings and would much rather be a guest at one than a bride slave.
    why why why didnt you resign from the role? Surely you realize this was an option?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayatatime View Post
    why why why didnt you resign from the role? Surely you realize this was an option?
    Because I was a first time mum and I had no idea how hard it would be to leave my 3 month old...then when I realised how hard it was she still insisted that my baby couldn't come and if I pulled out it would have ended the friendship and at the time I didn't want to ruin our friendship over it. In hindsight I would have pulled out and ruined the friendship. The more I think about our friendship the more I realise how much of a selfish person she really is. I would never do it again, no way, no how, not for anybody.
    When it came to having all of her friends and family who I barely know coming to my house for her baby shower and inviting all their kids I did put my foot down and say no to that! I was her only friend with kids at the time, and had three little ones....she thought my house would be convenient because it had toys in it for the kids to play in. I said no to kids I don't know coming and trashing my house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow!! These are just awful!!!

I would be telling the bride to shove it!!