+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Made to leave my exclusively bf 3 month old for 12 hours because 'kids weren't allowed at the wedding.
    Made to host a kitchen tea at my house when I had a 2 month old.
    Made to go to the Hen's night when my baby was 2 1/2 months old.
    Made to take my 2 1/2 month old baby out to her place when her husband to be was on his buck's night and sit with her until she wanted to go to bed because she didn't want to be alone and she couldn't come to my house because she didn't want to go home alone...instead I went home alone with an over tired newborn.
    Made to buy my dress - $350 and shoes $70...never wore them again.
    Our thank you gift was our jewellery for the day, which wasn't to my taste at all...hardly a present, it was a 'this is the one thing I'll be bothered paying for on the day and then I'll fob it off to you as your thank you present' kind of present.
    We had to pay for our hair and make-up and despite having a newborn the night before the wedding, the bridesmaids and brides stayed at my house. We had to pay for dress alterations too.
    Oh and then to top it all off, after spending that much on being in the bridal party, having to leave my newborn for 12 hours, and putting $100 towards to their present when it came my turn (no bridal party for me) her and her DH gave us $40. Now I know money doesn't mean everything but her wedding cost me close to $1 000 and all she could manage was $40. She didn't even need to buy a new dress to come to my wedding.

Extremely selfish bride, extremely selfish person actually and I'm so glad we are no longer friends.

I will never be a bridesmaid again...I'm not that in to weddings and would much rather be a guest at one than a bride slave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    As a spin off to various threads as the title states - what's the worst thing you've been asked to do as a bridesmaid?

I will start

Mine is I was asked to wear silver jewelry by the bride even though she knew I was allergic to silver!!!

When I reminded her of this allergy she had known about for years she replied 'I know but it's the necklace I *really* want and all the other bridesmaids like them, you can suck it up for one day can't you?'

Needless to say I ended up with a horrible red rash over my neck and upper chest in all the photos!!!! And then she gets sh1tty with me that the photographer had to do photoshopping to try make it look better!!!!!!
    Oh my god! And I thought my sil was bad...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I'm a bit stunned at what brides seem to expect the bridesmaids responsibilities to be!! My cousin didn't expect us to do anything, everything was organised for us, the worst thing for me was having to wear my hair in a style that didn't really suit me, which wasn't that bad really! I'm also amazed that some of you had to pay for your own dresses!
    Is it not the norm to have to pay for your own dress?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    Is it not the norm to have to pay for your own dress?
    I didn't pay for my dress, I paid for my shoes because I could of worn them again but the dress..nope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    where to start:
    fly to thailand without family
    organise a hens night for loads of people who all wanted different things! most of which didnt pay!!!

buy dress , shoes, hair, makeup, accomodation in 4 diff places, boats, taxis...

requested cash present.

her new sil stole MOH place and was told , i was trouble making when i mentioned it.

was sat next to my childhood abuser and no one else..told i was being dramatic.

grooms family were awful people and ignored me but sister told me i was rude to them...1 of me and 30 of them hmm

not allowed to have a drink as she didnt like how it looked, she was plastered though.

was told i didnt have to do a speech but then she changed her mind and told everyone that i hurt her by not offering

she had 6 bridesmaids and bought each one a pressie ..earings. said, sorry i got you nothing as your ears are not pierced.

the morning i left, i called to say goodbye but she was too relaxed to come down and see me off.

i got home and decided never to do a thing for her ever again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Make her wedding cake! Even though I have another one due the same day AND still do all BM duties including staying the night with her and the other BMs 2 hours away!!! So how I'm going to pull it off is just stressing me out big time.

Guest Guest
    Oh wow these stories are actually sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    where to start:
    fly to thailand without family
    organise a hens night for loads of people who all wanted different things! most of which didnt pay!!!

buy dress , shoes, hair, makeup, accomodation in 4 diff places, boats, taxis...

requested cash present.

her new sil stole MOH place and was told , i was trouble making when i mentioned it.

was sat next to my childhood abuser and no one else..told i was being dramatic.

grooms family were awful people and ignored me but sister told me i was rude to them...1 of me and 30 of them hmm

not allowed to have a drink as she didnt like how it looked, she was plastered though.

was told i didnt have to do a speech but then she changed her mind and told everyone that i hurt her by not offering

she had 6 bridesmaids and bought each one a pressie ..earings. said, sorry i got you nothing as your ears are not pierced.

the morning i left, i called to say goodbye but she was too relaxed to come down and see me off.

i got home and decided never to do a thing for her ever again!!!
    Wow! Now I understand your other thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been asked to do anything too outrageous, but my SIL was asked by her (former) friend if she could "lose a few kilos before the big day, so you will look better in the photos".

I wonder why they're no longer friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine was asked to go to the solarium as the bride didn't like fake tans ...
    My friend got melanoma from this and is still battling it

mummy to gods gift to us