+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once. It was great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once. I originally said no when she asked me. Not because I didn't like her, her husband to be, the wedding etc, but because I was single at the time with 2 kids, and thought it would be a right PITA to try to organise a 2 and 4 year old, while also doing MOH-ey type things, getting dressed, looking after bride, doing make-up and hair etc. and having to get my little ones ready as flowergirls. She was fine with those reasons, organised for her best friend to do it instead... who pulled out the month before the wedding and decided she couldn't come anymore. So, I reluctantly stepped in. It was a great day, and I'm glad it made her happy and everything but I wouldn't want to do it again... especially not while preg (which I was) and with 2 kids to organise by myself. Because of the seating I couldn't even sit with my kids, I had to sit at the bridal table while they sat with my brother... not convenient in the least. I also hate photos, and had to have many of them.
    A couple of months later my BFF asked me to be bridesmaid at her wedding... and I had the best excuse ever! It's in October this year, and I'm due in Sept. Therefore I can't do fittings, (esp as she lives hours away) and at the wedding I'll have a 5yo, 3yo and a newborn. I'm very excited for her though... but glad I don't have to dress up in a stupid dress and be in photos again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I haven't been one yet. Will be in November though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was a junior bridesmaid for my cousin when I was 11.

Have been a bridesmaid 4 times - for my sister, friend from primary school, friend from uni and a friend I lived with for a few years. All of them were good experiences and I felt honoured to be a part of their special days

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once, for my Mum. It was a small, intimate wedding and I had fun doing it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Three times.
    My SIL and two best mates. I will admit it was never much fun.
    I think I'd say no if asked again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never. And not likely to be.. Kinda sad about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was asked twice and agreed once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    I was asked twice and agreed once.
    Same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never :-(
    I was a flowergirl when I was about 10 but have never been a bridesmaid. I only really have 1 really close girlfriend and she is due to be married next year (no date yet) so I think that's my last hope really.

DH has been a groomsman in 3 weddings so I feel a bit left out :-(