+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    3 times. For my cousin, sister-in-law (ie dh's sister) and friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Once. As MOH for my brother & his now ex wife. Was a flowergirl too many many years ago.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once,it wasn't a great experience. I had to pay for a dress myself and buy a page boy outfit for my son ,we were told we were getting hair and makeup done but ended up having to pay for hair and did my own makeup.

I had the grooms ring and when the limo stopped , one of the other bridesmaids dropped her bouquet and I picked it up. In doing so I left the ring on the seat. We tried to ring the driver but it was his lat job and had switched his moby off. My sister was ****ed and let me know it, I spent most of the wedding outside with the smokers. And I don't smoke. I hated the wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 times and twice as a flower girl.

First one was Ex BFF ; was pretty laid back and easy. was the only bridesmaid. Dress was...HIDEOUS though.

second was my BFF. I was MOH. beautiful wedding. paid for dress but have worn it again. Had a ball.

3rd - my sisters wedding...HELL ON EARTH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never have, and I hope never will. I hate weddings, most of them are stupid and boring and involve misogynistic "traditions" that make me want to scream. The bride and groom are always very lucky if I turn up as a guest, there is no way I would want to be involved in any way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Never have, and I hope never will. I hate weddings, most of them are stupid and boring and involve misogynistic "traditions" that make me want to scream. The bride and groom are always very lucky if I turn up as a guest, there is no way I would want to be involved in any way.
    Why are they lucky if you turn up? TBH if a close friend of mine felt that way about me getting married, I wouldn't want them there. To be asked to share that day with someone is lucky IMO.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (26-05-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    twice, once as a child, once last year. ive also been asked for later this year (though in fiji, and ill have a 4month old bub), and then im 'on call' when my bf finally sets a date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Why are they lucky if you turn up? TBH if a close friend of mine felt that way about me getting married, I wouldn't want them there. To be asked to share that day with someone is lucky IMO.
    Well to me, asking someone to give up some of their spare time and cash to do something that they don't enjoy because you are lucky enough to have found someone to share your life with, then you are lucky if they decide to do that for you. Don't worry, I usually RSVP no to weddings, I only go to ones for people I really care about (or ones where I have no choice, like my brother's)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once for my sister, was amazing! she was very go with the flow and let us choose dresses ect. she paid for everything too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 for my sis and 2 sis in laws, and 3 times a flower girl