+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ** Spin Off ** How many times have you been a bridesmaid

I've been once technically but it was supposed to be twice.

First time was for my ex BFF. It was horrendous. Mostly not due to the bride, although she was a little OTT (to be expected, big stressful day) but one of her sisters who was also a bridesmaid. The sister cried and chucked a tantrum while we were all getting ready. So glad that day was over.

Second time was my brothers wedding to the mother of his child. I was sacked via SMS two days before the wedding by her. She is an evil little "thing". This was the beginning of the end of any relationship I had with my brother. He changed so much and did and said many hurtful things against my parents and I. We haven't spoken to him in years now. There wedding latest the predicted six months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Once and it was tops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Once ... For my cousin. I was 30 weeks pregnant, made to stand on stairs in the sun for 20 minutes. The groom wouldn't allow us to swap sides (the other side had shade).
    Ended up with massive sunburn and heat exhaustion. My family took turns standing at the bottom of the stairs in case I fainted...

Never again will I be a bridesmaid...
    Not worth the hassle of bridezillas...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Never been one, never been a bride either. Been asked twice, the first time I declined because I didn't like the man she was with. She was just 18, he was 30. He was arrogant, she was easily led. Best thing that ever happened was him going bankrupt and them having to live with her parents. She is now 30, they are still married, he is no longer arrogant. They still live in her family home, but her parents have moved away. Second time I was a single mum o a toddler, just started a new job, never met the hubby to be, couldn't afford the $1500 for dress, shoes, hair and make up, or the flights, accommodation, babysitter and hire car to get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once - It was horrible, bride was OTT and tried cutting cost where ever she could, so I was in charge of bridesmaid duties, throwing the hens AND I also had to do all the other bridesmaids and the bride's makeup, hair and nails the morning of the wedding, I barely had a minute to sit down. We also had to pay for our own dresses an shoes I didn't mind execpt the dresses she chose were hideous and cost over $500 - EXP was also one of the groomsmen and he had to pay for suit hire and shoes also. The night before her wedding I was almost not able to make it to the hotel where the wedding was held because I had 2 sick children and EXP was out on the bucks and I had noone else to watch them, she made me feel like the worst bridesmaid ever because of this and I ended up having a friend come from 2hours away to watch them because she wouldn't let it drop even though I would have been there the next morning when I was needed and I wasn't able to have drinks that night anyway because I was breastfeeding.

I'll be maid of honour at my BFF's wedding early next year too, i'm looking forward to it, the bride is far more relaxed then the other bride was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Twice, and I'll be a bridesmaid again in October.

I've enjoyed the experiences

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Never, and i hope I'm never asked! Most of my friends either don't marry or have tiny/non existent wedding parties. Last friend who got married just had her sister as matron of honour.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Once. And it was ****tt!!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Once

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once and 3 more times next yr