+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mini pill and anxiety depression

Hi
    I have been taking microlut the mini pill for over a week now and have noticed a few changes and wondering if its me or the pill.

I am getting social anxiety .. I go out and have twice had people stare at me and talk.. I don't recognise either of them and it made me feel like i wanted to race home and hide in a box. I don't want to leave home.

Also feel disconnected from dh not wanting him to touch me

I think i will come off it now just in case. I don't want to get worse and really just stay home all day..

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one else? On any mini pill?
    Dh said last night that i have changed so yeh didn't take it last night.. Hopefully these feelings are the pill.. Can't wait to go back on yasmin after finished bf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had the Implanon, which is the same hormones as the mini pill, just a different way of getting it into your body.
    Anyway, it gave me social anxiety (agoraphobia) and depression, amongst other things. Not long after I had it removed and I started to feel normal again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on microlut after DS1, and it made my depression/anxiety a lot worse than it usually was. I also struggle with other forms of hormonal contraception too, put on weight, depression and headaches, so i'm not sure if it was just the microlut. I definitely didn't feel great on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i was on the mini pill for 8-10 weeks and it made me feel horrible. absolutely horrible. once I went off it I started to enjoy being a mother and began to actually enjoy life again.

In response to the OP - I love my hubby and we've always enjoyed a tactile relationship but microlut made me feel revulsion towards him. He couldnt even get a hug out of me!

once we stopped I even wanted to have sex again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys good to know im not going crazy..
    Hate feeling like this towards dh too.. Hopefully it passes soon