+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Post so you want me to be a bridesmaid?

I have written a letter that may help you decide if you really want to do that...

Dear Bride,
    well thank you so much for asking me, I won't say I am honoured. I know what this means.

You now think you own me. My time, my soul, my fashion sense.
    It will be your right to call me and demand a dress meeting or a gym session.
    You will think its ok to tell me to wear coral in front of loads of people and you will take photos.
    You will see me as personally responsible for your every happiness and you will love to tell everyone how crap I am.
    If your day does not go to plan, it will be my fault...

so to make it easier , here is all the stuff I will not do.

I am not going to be at your beck and call. You are a grown woman and you are just getting married. You are not a princess and you are capable of getting your own food.
    I will not help you wee. Its not cute, its not funny.
    If you cannot manage to wee alone, I suggest a dress change.
    I am not in charge of all your other guests. If your family kick off, its your families fault.

I will get drunk as I will be tired and emotional, after having to wear coral.
    Please do not tell me I will wear the dress again, we both know its a big fat lie.
    This is going to cost me lots. It wont be easy. I love you, I am glad you are getting married, but I am stumped at why I have to pay for the privellege of wearing coral.

When you are complaining that I was not helpful enough, I didnt do enough...please remember that I have my own life that has to keep ticking.
    Organisning 15 women for a hens party is a nightmare. Its impossible to please them all and it always ends up costing me more....

The anxiety of a speech is just tooo much for me.

So maybe I should just be a guest. I would love to come to your wedding. I would love to party with you and laugh and cry.
    I want to throw confetti and get teary as you say I do.

I want to be there in a nice dress that I already own.
    I want to look forward to it!

I hope this helps,

Love...your selfish friend.

I hate being a bridesmaid.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-05-2012),Liddybugs  (26-05-2012),MamaC  (26-05-2012),missybubble  (26-05-2012),trishalishous  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I love this!
    I got made to wear & pay for a "lovely" gold dress... Which I'm just dying to wear again...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps you should just say no?

With such a negative outlook from the beginning, it's destined to make you un happy - and therefore the bride.

Neither of my bridesmaids experiences were like that - and I wasn't like that as my wedding, so things can be a nice experience.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

jennibear  (26-05-2012),MARTTC  (26-05-2012),Niki24  (26-05-2012),RHJ  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bebehvala View Post
    Perhaps you should just say no?

With such a negative outlook from the beginning, it's destined to make you un happy - and therefore the bride.

Neither of my bridesmaids experiences were like that - and I wasn't like that as my wedding, so things can be a nice experience.
    Lol go and read about her experience with her sisters wedding and you'll understand!
    Last edited by brooke88(mum2b09); 26-05-2012 at 09:55.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-05-2012),Chocolate All Gone Now  (26-05-2012),Etienne  (26-05-2012),Gandalf  (26-05-2012),Ishtyban  (26-05-2012),Liddybugs  (26-05-2012),LlamaMa  (26-05-2012),LoveLivesHere  (26-05-2012),lovemybabies!  (26-05-2012),MamaC  (26-05-2012),meljemillie  (15-06-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So well put. I have no idea what it is about getting married that makes brides think that they are the only person in the world who matters. YOU (the bride I mean) are the lucky one who has found love and gets to be with them for the rest of your life. YOU are lucky that your family and friends are giving up their time and money to celebrate how lucky YOU are. YOU should be waiting hand and foot on them NOT the other way around.

Thankfully I've never been asked to be a bridesmaid, probably because everyone knows my feelings about weddings

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is this suppost to be funny. Sorry but i dont see it!
    To me it is an HONOUR to be asked to be part of a wedding. I hope that i will be a bridesmaid just once. How would YOU feel if YOU were the bride and the person you wanted next to you while you commited to another human being felt like this.

Sorry i may not be getting the point of this thread but MY GOD. I thnks its IMPORTANT you DONT be this womans bridesmaid!!! You clearly dont want to be so step up and say no...it would better for EVERYONE in the long run!!!

This is the most important day of this womans life...for god sakes SHES THE BRIDE!!!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

Niki24  (26-05-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh jennibear I think berylsmum is saying this in jest. Whilst I agree though that if you don't want to be a bridesmaid, don't I just had to point out that being a bride doesn't mean the whole world stops.

My wedding day was gorgeous, but it certainly wasn't the most important day of my life.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (26-05-2012),Etienne  (26-05-2012),Ishtyban  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    Lol go and read about her experience with her sisters wedding and you'll understand!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    Oh jennibear I think berylsmum is saying this in jest. Whilst I agree though that if you don't want to be a bridesmaid, don't I just had to point out that being a bride doesn't mean the whole world stops.

My wedding day was gorgeous, but it certainly wasn't the most important day of my life.
    with both posts

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Haha! I'm so glad me and my friends are on the same page about bridesmaids. We are constantly threatening each other 'be nice to me or one day I'll make you be my bridesmaid.'

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (26-05-2012),MamaC  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post

Sorry this just brought back memories for my father during my wedding (long story that ending in never speaking to him again).
    It just gets me upset when brides dont get the support they need!