+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck! I hope you get a lovely instructer that can put your nerves at ease.

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Driving lessons are great - my advice - make sure you get an instructor you're comfortable with.. if you're with someone and they don't make you feel comfortable give them the flick and get someone else. Give them a couple of lessons first and if you don't feel it don't continue with them.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY!

I'm slowly but steadily learning to drive too. I don't really have any friends or family to practice with, so I have only driven a handful of times, with an instructor. I've had a huge phobia for years, so I'm making baby steps, but it is actually quite fun! Skulling some wine beforehand to calm the nerves really worked wonders for me!

I agree wholeheartedly with Renesme; if you don't feel comfortable with your instructor after a couple of times, try someone else!

Best of luck, you'll be fine! Let us know how you go!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Good luck!! I was a mess before my first lesson but felt soooooo good afterwards I only got my Ps 8mnths ago and now kick myself for being so scared lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats , you'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    YAY!

I'm slowly but steadily learning to drive too. I don't really have any friends or family to practice with, so I have only driven a handful of times, with an instructor. I've had a huge phobia for years, so I'm making baby steps, but it is actually quite fun! Skulling some wine beforehand to calm the nerves really worked wonders for me!

I agree wholeheartedly with Renesme; if you don't feel comfortable with your instructor after a couple of times, try someone else!

Best of luck, you'll be fine! Let us know how you go!
    I am taking the first 4 lessons with the instructor and I do have some nice friends who have offered to help out (but only after a few professional lessons behind me, which is fair enough). My Dad however wont do it, as he believes doing it that way, you are more likely to pick that persons bad habits in driving.

My instructors name is Richard.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like you've got some wonderful friends, that's fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Out To Pasture View Post
    My instructors name is Richard.
    So is mine! He's got a big gut and a lovely laugh! I'm hoping your Richard will be as lovely as mine is!