+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by staceya View Post
    I believe Vit B and Iron go hand in hand (correct me if I am wrong) but the vit B helps to absorb the iron??
    I'm not sure if vit B helps but I know Vit C helps absorb iron

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by staceya View Post
    It's def not a nice feeling when you feel so low and crappy after just having bub!! I feel like I missed/forgot a lot of things because I was so tired etc It has definately made us question whether to go for #2 as it scared us both so much and while we don't live remotely we don't have family here to help out. I am now booked in for a couple of ultrasounds to try and get some more answers.
    They never picked up on it after I had my son, possibly because they couldn't see very well. But when things didn't go back to normal my doctor refered my to my Gyn who booked me in for the hysteroscopy. Apparantly he also very nearly missed it until another Dr in the theatre spotted it. She did say it was quite small so unless your looking you probably wouldn't notice.
    It is so hard trying to make the decision whether to go again when you can't get definate answers on what the outcome will be.
    I believe Vit B and Iron go hand in hand (correct me if I am wrong) but the vit B helps to absorb the iron??
    Anyway feel free to message me if you want to ask anything or even have a chat!! I hope you get the answers you are looking for xo
    I will aim to PM you soon! Ta x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lw1981 View Post
    I had a manual removal of placenta with DD2 and they only gave me an epidural for it. I couldnt feel pain but I could feel them having a real good go to remove it.

Oh and to answer the origial question I also had minor secondary hemorage about 6 weeks after birth. It was probably caused by degenerating fibroid, manual removal of placenta and super, super heavy periods on top of it all. I ended up in the ER with severe bleeding, soaking maternity pads every 5-10 minutes, massive clotting like the size of a fist, and basically blood dripping onto the floor as I walked. Sorry TMI.
    For some very strange reason the Dr in the ER said it looks like a secondary hemmorage and sent me home with the advice to wait for U/S to call the next day (it was night time) or go to GP a few days from then cos he didnt know how to read ultrasounds himself.
    I went home but the next morning went to the next closest hospital 15 minutes further away after I started to black out while holding DD2 where I was given fantastic care. I saw a gyno in the ER, had a very in depth U/S, had bloods taken, and was given a prescription of tranexamic acid to try and stop the bleeding. I was already in the health system for other gyno issues so they sent copies of everything to them. I will never ever go back to the original hospital unless it gets its act together or if I really, truly have no choice.
    Oh and as for how it affected my body.. I became severly anaemic to the point of almost needing a transfusion.
    Wow you poor thing! Hope you are feeling better now x