+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Secondary post partum bleeding

Am interested to hear from others that have suffered secondary post partum bleeding - what caused it, how did you investigate it, how did you treat it & did it affect your body/future pregnancies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What is it? I had post partum haemorrhaging (PPH) with my second, lost 2.5 litres, is it anything like that?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    What is it? I had post partum haemorrhaging (PPH) with my second, lost 2.5 litres, is it anything like that?
    It happens later than 24 hrs post birth but less than 6 weeks. No I never have OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hollywood yes it is similar but can happen up to 6 weeks after birth. Happens for a few reasons..I have experienced this twice now so am having some investigation done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have had one but it was with my first just over 16yrs ago.. Very scary to be at home and have it happen...

I was rushed to Dr/Hospital and had ultrasounds, examinations because they thought that they may have left behind some placenta after a manual removal..

It was not placenta and they never really worked out what it was but It did not happen again after that and everything returned back to normal.. I went on to have a PPH after having my second child in 2009 but everythin was ok after I left hospital and then when I had another child 2010, I was fine and fingers crossed I will be too when this baby is born..

I hope that they work out why it is happening to you and that everything settles and is ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I hope they figure it out too. How do I know if they removed the placenta manually?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thanks, I hope they figure it out too. How do I know if they removed the placenta manually?
    They tell you. I had to go under general anaesthetic to have manual removal, good thing too because the doctor puts their WHOLE HAND up there to get it out and then feel around inside the uterus to make sure it's all gone. Like a D&C but using a hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not challenging you at all...just curious..

Why would they use their hand if you were under a GA an they had access to the D&C machine thingy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    I'm not challenging you at all...just curious..

Why would they use their hand if you were under a GA an they had access to the D&C machine thingy?
    The d&c just dilates the cervix and a small rod shaped instrument 'cleans it out'.

For pph they stick the whole hand up the cervix and run it around the uterus to make sure all bits are out.