+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Majestic Hiss that's awful

I've kept some things, for example a series of photos of myself and an ex that I think are such beautiful photos of a young couple in love, there's so much fun & personality coming through them. I haven't spoken to the guy in 5 years and never will again but I value the memories of my youthful shenanigans.

However they are buried deep within an old hard drive, I'd never have them out in the open or expose DP to them!

Similarly, I never wear jewellery given to me by exs but I keep it at the bottom of my jewellery box. My previous relationships ended on good terms so I'm happy to have reminders of good times and good people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I throw them out. It's in the past and should be kept there.
    I think it's disrespectful to your current partner to have keep sakes to remind you of your ex/time with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I threw them all out when we broke up. We didn't have many.
    DF has one of him and his ex. I don't care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chuck it. Been there, done that.. The relationship is over for a reason I see no reason to keep anything. But hey, im completely non sentimental and the only thing I'm keeping even from my own wedding is my wedding rings :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got rid of everything that was his or that he ever gave me. Except for his cards, letters and photos. Ive kept them for DD. So she can at least know what her dad looks like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    'stuff' i won't keep - but i will pictures, and i'd be furious if my partner expected me to (or worse - took it upon themselves.)

it sounds really strange, but i used to enjoy going through my mums photoalbums, because she had pictures of an ex-bf or two. it was nice to know how the years before she met my dad were spent, kwim? it wasn't 'here i am at 18...and then nothing till i'm 30 and met daddy'

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

mamasurfs  (26-05-2012),Purpz  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I threw photos out because of painful memories but I wouldn't expect DP to be comfortable with it if I kept some. I have my old engagement ring from DS's dad which I'm keeping to give to DS when he's older but I never wear it or talk about it, it's just sitting in the bottom of a box stored away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I still have everything - right down to my wedding dress and the very first present he gave me for my 18th (solid gold bangle). I don't wear any of the jewellery though. I just haven't decided what to do with it yet.

I also have never been with anyone else since - so there's been no need to consider someone else's feelings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gave all our wedding photos to xdh (he wanted them but thats a whole other story), I also have him my wedding and engagement rings which he gave to dd. I kept some other photos of us to give to the kids when they are older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I threw out every single thing my ex husband gave me, and i got rid of every photo with him in it. I even got rid of the engagement and wedding ring, wedding video, wedding dress etc... not a single thing left. He abused me emotionally & physically, I think the thought of hanging on to anything at all makes me feel sick. If i never saw him again it was be too soon.