+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Basically she kept driving over toll roads and getting the tickets in the mail which she hid. From looking at the paperwork she was doing it a few times a week. He did have a warrant out for his arrest he kept calling to make arrangements and they said they will get back to him. Not until he stopped calling and a cop came out to his house did they finally put him on the payment plan. We shoudl have them all paid off in about 10 years
    Why wouldn't you take it to court?

My ex left several spending fines on my name and I signed a stat dec, proved I was at work for at least four of the incidents and proved he was on his way to uni for a few of the others and the fines were waived and put into his name.

(As we were separated and not on talking terms I had to go to court to make a statement and they were all switched across to his name)

For her to do this is a criminal offense and if you didn't fight this then you deserved to have to pay IMO.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (28-05-2012),Guest1234  (28-05-2012),HarvestMoon  (28-05-2012),insanity  (28-05-2012),lilybean  (28-05-2012),T 800  (28-05-2012),trishalishous  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Basically she kept driving over toll roads and getting the tickets in the mail which she hid. From looking at the paperwork she was doing it a few times a week. He did have a warrant out for his arrest he kept calling to make arrangements and they said they will get back to him. Not until he stopped calling and a cop came out to his house did they finally put him on the payment plan. We shoudl have them all paid off in about 10 years
    My ex had his license cancelled for unpaid fines and it was certainly nowhere near that amount. I really don't see how they would allow it to get to that much without major action. That's a huge amount for tolls... Even at a few times a week it's like 1000 weeks worth?

And I agree with WCM... Why wouldn't you fight it? You blow up about paying a small amount of CS but don't seem too phased about a 33k debt his ex ran up?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (28-05-2012),trishalishous  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gawd I'm a goody two shoes

I have been driving 15 years and no infringements!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have had one red light ticket (I went through the end ave of an orange so was still just in the intersection when the light was red)- $353 and 3 points

And speeding less than ten ks over the limit- $90 and 1 point.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got one speeding fine when Dh & I were newly going out and I was really keen to see him - $120-ish I think.
    Got off a parking fine cos i had the ticket, I'd just forgotten to put it on the dashboad.

Got another parking fine a few weeks back when i was going to meet some hubber friends in the city, drove through the *worst* rain (literally could not see the road. When I went to park I was so shaken I dented the car behind while parking (just the number plate and I left my details) but then because of *that* I completely forgot to pay the parking

A disaster of a drive but a lovely evening (with my hubber friends, one of whom was in the car with me poor thing! Wonder if she has recovered from the trauma yet )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    My ex had his license cancelled for unpaid fines and it was certainly nowhere near that amount. I really don't see how they would allow it to get to that much without major action. That's a huge amount for tolls... Even at a few times a week it's like 1000 weeks worth?

And I agree with WCM... Why wouldn't you fight it? You blow up about paying a small amount of CS but don't seem too phased about a 33k debt his ex ran up?
    It happens all the time. Or at least It used to. When I worked in criminal defence we had numerous clients with several tens of thousands of dollars worth of fines from using toll roads without an etag. When citylink in Melbourne first came online you only had 24 hours to get a day pass or you'd get a $116 fine.

Some people didn't realise, some didn't care. The fines added up and often it was the case that licence/rego addresses hadn't been updated so they didn't even know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post
    Last edited by Von Zipper; 28-05-2012 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    It happens all the time. Or at least It used to. When I worked in criminal defence we had numerous clients with several tens of thousands of dollars worth of fines from using toll roads without an etag. When citylink in Melbourne first came online you only had 24 hours to get a day pass or you'd get a $116 fine.

Some people didn't realise, some didn't care. The fines added up and often it was the case that licence/rego addresses hadn't been updated so they didn't even know.
    When you worked in this area, what happened if the fines where racked upto someone else and not the driver?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post

He didn't know he could take it to court at the time by the time I got with him it would be too late I would think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He didn't know he could take it to court at the time by the time I got with him it would be too late I would think.
    Must be different to NSW... Here every fine states that you can elect to take it to court