+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    That must vary state to state. I'm in Vic & when they came chasing around 5 grand of fines (most of them for using a toll road with an expired tag) the woman I dealt was very laid back & understanding about it all. No mention of doing time to pay it off at. all.
    This was in QLD..so maybe different. We are totally backwards up here. And I suppose may depend on how long the fines were unpaid for..in both instances these fines were outstanding over 12 months, and they had warrants out for their arrest. It scared the crappers out of me..My sister had no idea because she had moved so many times and had never recieved any of the notices, poor love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    This was in QLD..so maybe different. We are totally backwards up here. And I suppose may depend on how long the fines were unpaid for..in both instances these fines were outstanding over 12 months, and they had warrants out for their arrest. It scared the crappers out of me..My sister had no idea because she had moved so many times and had never recieved any of the notices, poor love.
    In QLD if the fines go upaid they get taken over by SPER then they will chase you up. They always offer payment plans and give you the opportunity to pay it off.
    So a warrant for your arrest would only be issued if you ignored sper and the fines.
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby's ex ran up a whole heap of fines and HE was arrested lucky he could prove he was working 2000k away at the time of fines. That made him change car out of his name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Living in Sydney it's near impossible to not get fined.
    I think the governement would go broke without us all breaking the law.

The highest fine I got was parking in a disabled spot. Around $400 from memory.
    But I spent half my life paying fines off.. Lol never lost my license or been in an at fault accident so that's something. I actually think I got busted speeding a few weeks ago 70 in a 60 zone. Waiting for the fine.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No fines... I have been driving my own for 8/9 years.

In VIC about 5 years ago, I had just registered a car and Vic Roads stuffed up and mis charged me, which redflagged the system. I was pulled over and booked for having an unregistered car. A 6 point $1300 fine.... What the feck!

The policeman worked out what happened with Vic Roads (I had no idea) and it was all sorted in 2 hours. The fine and my complaint was sent to the magistrate and it was all waived and a formal apology given for the inconvenience.

So yeah technically no fines as yet. Touchwood.

Guest Guest
    It takes alot for them to arrest you for unpaid fines. They give lots and lots of warnings before a warrant is sent out and even then if a sherriff comes they ask you to make a payment arrangement or pay some small amount and arrange the rest. Dh had unpaid fines for like 10 years! Just kept going in and out of arrangements. They also do this thing every couple of years where they waive all court costs added to the fines (which is why its easy to rack up so much money in them) Then you arrange a payment plan and just pay that off and they're very flexible with how much you pay.
    I think they make it easy tbh and aren't so strict with how and when you pay it, as long as you keep in contact with them and are paying something towards it. But I don't know anyone who's gone to jail, it would have taken them a long time ignoring the warning letters and evading the sherriff to get to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    $250 for having my phone on my lap! Wasn't even touching it or holding it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    33k of traffic fine?! Bit hard to believe, with how tough out laws are regarding unpaid fines here. If he did I'd assume he'd would have done some time in jail! Or at least have his license suspended for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    33 thousand dollars worth? Ummmmm ok... I don't see how that would even be possible?
    Basically she kept driving over toll roads and getting the tickets in the mail which she hid. From looking at the paperwork she was doing it a few times a week. He did have a warrant out for his arrest he kept calling to make arrangements and they said they will get back to him. Not until he stopped calling and a cop came out to his house did they finally put him on the payment plan. We shoudl have them all paid off in about 10 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss87 View Post
    I once got a $50 fine and lost 1 point for driving at night without lights on. I had just driven out of a well lit car park onto a well lit road and got pulled over after about 50m.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Omg - exactly this!!! Were you driving out of Toowong Village too????

Only other fine has been one speeding ticket.